Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Master Class
8,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you believe the weather was absolutely beautiful the whole shoot. Never even saw a bad cloud. Seemed that the number of shooter's were really down. We were out at Camp 4 and there was only about half the units rented out. Heard there was 600 less shooter's. We heard that Jeff Hopkins won the Pro class just as we were leaving today. Seemed the vendors were down also. Only one room in the Bottom of the Center was being used and it wasn't full. I can remember when 2 rooms were full down there. There was several vendors outdoor. It really is a nice place to stay for a shoot, but I hear that people are just tired of the same vacation 6 years in a row and the rugged terrain you got to walk in. The word was that it will be there for a least 2 more years now. Had a good time and shot with some real good guys.

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
Not that it isn't a beautiful, exotic place to shoot but....of the usual people that goes to the Worlds every year as a group no one went this year. This is the first Worlds I've missed since the way back when it was first at Peek N' Peek. Just got tired of the same place, the same price gouging and the fact that our wives refuse to go again. Draw 29 was correct when he said people were tired of vacationing at the same place. This year I've opted to take my family to Georgia for the ASA Classic. They are excited to see someplace different..I am too.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
just my 2 cents worth...

but i think any venue that has a world championship of any kind should change the city at least every three years and one place couldn't have a chance to get it back again for five years after there first year.

though i have never been to snowshoe I have been to bedford....enough said i think.

no this isn't a slam on IBO, just i think new places should be given a chance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts