Archery Talk Forum banner

Snowy winter ranges,,Who's got one?

1322 Views 27 Replies 19 Participants Last post by  ruffjason
Sky Snow Tree Slope Terrain
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
2010 APA Black Mamba 6.5
1,454 Posts
My local range is open. But it has been -22 F the last week with the wind chill so no shooting for me out doors.

· Back Yard Champion
35,979 Posts
Should have it ready by tomorrow.

Wheel Automotive tire Snow Motor vehicle Snow removal

· Registered
BowTech SR350, Black Widow PCH. Tim Wells Blow Gun, Jimmy Lile Survival Knife. Bare hands.
379 Posts
I shoot at the Easton Archery indoor range during the winter. They keep it a balmy 75F and it is a nice place to go shoot wearing a teeshirt in January.

· Registered
30,645 Posts
I didn't take a photo because I was purposefully outside to shoot some warmup shots before hunting, but a couple weeks ago we had a pretty good winter storm. When I went out back to shoot, a drift in front of my backstop foam bale was so high I could barely shoot into the kill zone of the cardboard silhouette without going through the cold white stuff. Our late archery lasts until New Years day and at that point, I switch to indoor shooting for the winter. As long as I am hunting, I continue to shoot outside because that is real life. During my trad days I had years where I never shot inside....ever.

· Back Yard Champion
35,979 Posts
Sometimes the snow is as deep as a hub on ferriswheel. Here, I open the kitchen window and shoot - usually 6 shots. Close the window and have the wife go fetch my arrows.

· Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

· Registered
Hoyt Defiant
23 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts