Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I place a 3 inch closed foam panel over my Block target so i did not know what was happening to the Block. So I unpin the covering foam and see that perhaps it's time for a new target. Ya think? :D

Attachments

·
Registered
642 Posts
DANGGGG OX :eek: You done hammered up that Block :cool: Must be hard to see the damage your doing to it at 3a.m. in the rain :p

·
74,535 Posts
Just getting broke in

Looks like its got a few more arrows to go.

D

·
0 Posts
I especially like...

...how you have it "secured" with the electric cord thru the handle and "into" the outlet!!:p ...

...OXYCLEAN...you MIGHT be a red-neck!!:D ...

>>>---DD--->;)

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
NO DEEREMAN

That cord must light up LITTLE bulbs all over the target to shoot at... Easier target for the older eyes to see... But .... I think you're right about the RED NECK part???:D WR

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Time to toss that block..

;)

For the volume of arrows you shoot OX you should look at something more durable. I have had great luck with a home made Etherfoam sheet/ragbox combo. Whitetail competition matts look great but are pretty pricey http://www.archerytargets.com/FITA.aspx. Since you have the room, you might want to look at building a compressed cardboard/tentest target - that would probably last you for years..

:)

-CG

·
Occam's Razor
8,316 Posts
Do you remember that very old movie......"the blob".........well, now I now where it went............looks like a burnt out old chevy engine............:D

After taking that picture over and "enhancing" it with light and contrast, I say it's just fine, turn it around and keep on shooting.............:cool:

Also looks like quite a collections of odd arrows in that box next to the "blob"........:cool:

I agree with CG..........a rag box........I shoot one, absolutely great, will never buy another commercial target again, just rearrange it ever once in awhile.................ck

·
Registered
5,899 Posts
'bout looks like my old Black Hole - they are sending me a new one free of charge though. In the mean time, i went out and got an American Whitetale "The Cube" - that target is excellent!!! I would recommend it to anyone!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
CK;

"..........a rag box........I shoot one, absolutely great, will never buy another commercial target again, just rearrange it ever once in awhile...."

They work great for indoor shooting, and it is fairly easy to find a large box (like a 21"-23" CRT monitor box) so you can have a decent size target. I have *never* had a pass-through in tens of thousands of shots. The only downside is that with just the cardboard box alone, it is too easy to wear a hole in the cardboard which will tear a paper target on the front to pieces after a few ends - I found that the etherfoam sheet really helps as the targets last longer and arrows land straighter.

-CG

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
Not done yet Ox. I'd be almost willing to bet you've got lots of good foam yet on the two ends? If so, cut the binding loose on the target, shuffle the foam so you have good stuff in the middle again, re-band, and you're good to go for quite some time again. Our club has been using Block targets for our indoor range for several years now. Something like 2 seasons (league shooting taking the biggest toll, running January through 1/2 of April, 3 nights/week) at one side, rotated the Blocks 180 degrees and shot another season at the opposite side. Then we unbanded all the Blocks, shuffled the foam, used some foam from the 3 extra Blocks we had purchased up front since some was shot up all the way through, and viola, another new wall of Block targets. Another season or two on those, turned and shot one more year, and now this past spring we bought a few more Blocks and did about the same thing reconstructing what we already had.

Been working great that way and hold up alot better than the excelsior we were previously shooting into. Cleaner than sound board insulation as well and hold a target face without needing cardboard and special pins as well to hold target faces on.

Anyhow, just letting you know that it would be relatively easy to fix up the Block you've currently got if looking to save a few bucks on a new target butt.

>>------>

R

·
0 Posts
Ox don't need to save no money, and he sure ain't going to re-band the thing,,That's work!:D

Nop. Not a red neck.
Geek..lol

The Hood

Ox says,,re-band what,,I already re-wired it.

·
Registered
34,164 Posts
Ox that target is still in great shape!!!! All you have to do is turn it around. It does have two sides. ;)

·
Registered
9,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
red neck wanna be

tractor boy - redneck?? Hey i'm working on it. i ran out of duct tape so the electric cord did the trick, but i guess a real redneck never runs out of duct tape. :D

clayman and hornet - the otherside is worse. once tried to stuff some old sweat shirts in it but those got blasted out in about 10 minutes. guess i'm hopeless as a red neck.

hood has the right idea - just get the wife to haul it to the curb and order a new one. that build-your-own idea sounds good but that would mean i would have to buy a hammer or something. :eek:

:confused:X

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
There's an IDIOT in Georgia selling "bulletproof" glue targets.:p DON'T call him! LOL. Your speed is way too fast, OX.:D You are killin' the poor thing. DonDeer could most likely make you one from corn that would last forever!:) You could eat on it too.:cool:

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Here ya go OX, build one of these and you won't have any more problems. Be safe.
Shoot Straight
Derbytown :D

P.S.
the jack is just to compress the layers of carpet. You remove the jack and tiedowns when you have it screwed together, LOL.

·
Registered
5,899 Posts
Here's something else for you to think about Bill.

Here's the link to the web site where they offer the material or the complete target.
http://www.archerytargets.com/RangeMaterial.aspx

From their website:

For years range owners and clubs have searched for the perfect way to set up a range that would be cost effective, offer easy arrow removal, and would take the abuse of constant shooting.

Our solution to this is our bulk range material, there is no other range system in the world that will make you money or take the abuse of our material.

First we cut 4/6 pound material to a 16 inch width then we roll it to a 28 inch diameter roll. Four of these rolls will build a target that is four foot by four foot and is 16 inches thick. Four rolls ship by UPS to save you even more money in shipping.

Many ranges have used various materials over the years to compress such as cardboard etc. If you have a compressor set up all you have to do is cut the material to fit your compressor and tighten it down. If you don't have a system set up it is simple to build one with boards and all threads.

We also offer the TMC Rangbinder for ranges wanting the finished look of a professionally built system.

As your foam wears it can be shuffled for even more life and the areas that need to be replaced can be replaced instead of replacing the entire range. Shot for shot no other range system is as cost effective, bringing your cost per shot to the best in the industry.

The TMC Rangebinder combined with our range material is the best way to build a range that is both professional in appearance and cost effective. Build yours today!

Available at Dealers Nationwide, For a dealer near you call 1-888-233-1976.

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
Nah, if there are arrow holes in the basement walls - you are a redneck :)

If you've wrecked an arrow shooting in the basement you're a redneck.

If you accidently shoot your mirror when the clicker goes off you're an olympic class shooter!

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Shooter mike
that stuff american whitetail sells is rediculasly over priced !:mad:
our club and several others in michigan use the same foam they use and we buy it in 4tf by 36in deep rolls for 20.00$ a roll, its aircraft insulation scrap, its been harder to get the last few years but it can be bought , I have 3 rolls myself that ive been shooting in my back yard for 5 years,that I banded and just now im gonna cut them down and make a few 4ft x 4ft bales,
KEN

1 - 20 of 27 Posts