Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took two brass nock points and both of my string leeches off of my string... any idea how many grains that takes off my string? Thanks guys

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I really had no idea the leeches would make that much difference but I can really feel a lot more vibration than I did before but I really don't mind it actually.

·
Banned
10,353 Posts
I'm not sure about the brass nocks, but I know every set of string leeches I have weighed have come in between 59-60 grains (29-30 grains each). When I used them I would install them and cut the arms off of them. The little rubber chunk worked just as good as the whole unit did but you significantly reduced the overall weight.

As ugly as they are, I would still go with cat whiskers if you want silencers. They'll only cost you 1-2 fps and they work just as good, if not better than the other more expensive models.

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks PA, I had no idea they weighed that much. I thought it was probably in my head but I could tell a difference in my speed. You can see my set up... I imagine I'm pushing around 290 or so now.

·
Banned
10,353 Posts
Thanks PA, I had no idea they weighed that much. I thought it was probably in my head but I could tell a difference in my speed. You can see my set up... I imagine I'm pushing around 290 or so now.
I did a lot of testing with leeches in the past and while it will vary from bow to bow I have seen leeches rob you of anywhere from 6-13 fps :eek:. The minimum has been 6 on every bow I tested so between losing them and the nocks I would have to agree that you are VERY close to, if not above 290.

BTW, no need to thank me bud, that's what we're here for :darkbeer:

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey man... I'm just glad that between all the pi$$ing matches, bashing, and attacks that you can still find some good info on this site. It's nice for a change

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
I took all that junk off my string and installed a meanv supressor, got rid of any shock, and still picked up the speed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts