Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sent the girlfriend to her parents place a couple hours north yesterday to be with family today since I had to work. Since we switched to 12's this year there isn't much time for anything else on work days. So I show up after the 30 minute commute, get all geared up and am sitting in roll call as the commander goes down the lineup. Hmm, didn't mention my name:confused:. "Hey Sarge, where am I at today?". "Shows you took a Personal Day"...."Ah crap!!! I'll just stick it out since I'm here."

You see, with this new shift I only have every other weekend off:mad:. After scheduling my usual 6weeks off in Oct/Nov I still had a good 10 days to burn so I randomly picked a bunch of Sundays. I guess today was one of my picks that I forgot about. Not used to Easter being so early in the year.

So for all of you guys working this Easter Sunday....:darkbeer:, this one's for you. It cost me a nice trip to Cabela's and Bass Pro by not heading up north with her. Oh yea, I mean I didn't get to see her family:wink:

·
Registered
36,024 Posts
If it makes you feel better I took one for the team and worked today......

I am on the same 12 hr every other weekend off schedule as you.

It is just a tad bit funny you had the day off and didnt realize it:)

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
You guys make me appreicate my cushy City job! Until payday that is. :cry:

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
If it makes you feel better I took one for the team and worked today......

I am on the same 12 hr every other weekend off schedule as you.

Im a every other weekender too.

:confused:

never knew there was so many of us. :wink:

Feels better now :darkbeer:

·
Classifieds Administrator
39,367 Posts
I on call 24/7 and so far the pager has not gone off! :grin:

Sorry for those that have to put in a days work today but hopefully you'll get time off come bow season and especially the rut! :grin:

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Don't

Forget about the troops in Iraq and Afghanistan.... I remember last yr sitting in my office in Iraq and our Adjutant she was walking around and she came into the office said happy easter as was giving away easter baskets.... Things like that that bring normalcy to a place like that again don't forget the troops!

·
Banned
1,552 Posts
Forget about the troops in Iraq and Afghanistan.... I remember last yr sitting in my office in Iraq and our Adjutant she was walking around and she came into the office said happy easter as was giving away easter baskets.... Things like that that bring normalcy to a place like that again don't forget the troops!
come to think of it easter in afghanistan wasnt too bad either... except for the rocket attacks

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What makes it even funnier is that we are still all getting used to these shifts. Since we technically work 8hrs per cycle overtime and another 4hr of training we get 12hrs back as another day off. I take the first Sat of every cycle off which was yesterday. Last week 2 guys forgot about their days and one showed up on Tues and the other Fri and we made fun of them for showing up. In the locker room this AM we were giving the guy that showed up Fri a bunch of crap about it again and then I pull this stunt:confused:

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I feel for ya! I work EVERY HOLIDAY except for Christmas day, and new years day!

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
I am On 12s too but my Holidays is just How the calender falls. Thank Goodness i work 56 hrs one week and 24 the next. i get allot of days off 15 out of 30.:wink:

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
come to think of it easter in afghanistan wasnt too bad either... except for the rocket attacks
I hear you on that one Rockets really suck! They have the spray and pray mentality with rockets... My last days there we were living in tents and one morning the C-Ram went off that thing was pointed directly over our tents well the good ol thankful Iraqi's they lobbed 10-13 rockets on us they were trying to hit the MNF-I HQ and 3rd I.D HQ and the dining facility. Rockets were landing all over the place... The funny part our replacements new into country not there for a week were scared sh&@less...

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
I hear you on that one Rockets really suck! They have the spray and pray mentality with rockets... My last days there we were living in tents and one morning the C-Ram went off that thing was pointed directly over our tents well the good ol thankful Iraqi's they lobbed 10-13 rockets on us they were trying to hit the MNF-I HQ and 3rd I.D HQ and the dining facility. Rockets were landing all over the place... The funny part our replacements new into country not there for a week were scared sh&@less...
yea that sounds hilarious.:mg::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Thanks for serveing Guys you have a tough job warranted or not you serve and Protect. :darkbeer:

·
Registered
36,982 Posts
Hate it , for you guys that have to work on the weekends ...

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
I work 12s every weekend , but I am also hunting, every Tue., Wed., Thur. :wink:, while the rest are at work. I have the mountains to myself alot. :)

Heres one on me for everyone else gettin er done today:darkbeer:. ...especially our armed forces guys. heres :darkbeer::darkbeer: for you! ( when youre off duty off course) :wink:

·
Registered
10,554 Posts
I do not care who you are you would know you days off and when on 12 hr. shifts in less you really like your job and with a girl friend she should be more help. Thanks for all you do there solider.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts