Archery Talk Forum banner

so i tried my slick tricks today...

736 Views 7 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  PAstringking
got into the fine bareshaft tuning on my bengal today, 30", 58 lbs, 340 easton epic. it was a bit breezy out, so i didnt do any long range bare shaft tuning, but was grouping right with my fletched shafts at 0-30 yards, and showing a bit weak at 40. i didnt want to do any more until the wind died down, so i screwed a 125 st mag on and wanted to see how it would do at 20 yards until i got fully bareshaft tuned out to 80, like i normally do. i shot the st, and hit my 1" bull at 20:eek: saweet i thought. maybe ill try 30. it nailed my 3" bull:eek: surely 40 will off a bit, i thought... bam, my 5" bull got skewered! 50? come on, no way. bam! just a bit weak, but verticly dead on! one of the few fixed heads i have shot as well as my field points, AND IM NOT EVEN TUNED YET! as soon as im tuned, i am convinced they will do very well at 60+ yards and i love 'em! blades are razer sharp, easy to change, and i cant wait to stick a deer with em! those wide 4 blades have gotta hurt:eek:
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
5,341 Posts
Your experience with the Slick Tricks is why they are so popular.

I'm sure that in a few years they will be the number one fixed blade broadheads available.

I have been bow hunting for a very long time and they are the best I have ever used. Strong as a one piece broadhead (or very near), four thick, .035", SS blades that are scary sharp and as you have experienced require little or no tuning.

· registered
1,028 Posts
broadheads

My son, my shooting parther, my daughter and I all had the same exact results. We have been sold on them for several years! They do a very good job on animals also.

· Registered
661 Posts
I shot a deer two years ago with them and thought I made a perfect heart shot, the deer ran off and I never found it. The blood trail was amazing, he bled steadily for over 1/4 mile before he went on some petas property and I couldn't track him anymore. It had to be a bad shot, but I have never had a deer bleed like that before. I would use those again no problem.

· Registered
4,635 Posts
This will be season 6 For me You aint telling me anything!

Seen over 40 different bows shoot them like field points and 2 that didnt AT FIRST.... they do now. :wink:

· Registered
227 Posts
Thats why I love them!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.