Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Custom callmaker
3,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading a month ago bout all the predictions by those "experts" for an earlier rut. Well When is it going to start.

I have been noticing the action picking up the past week so its going to get good soon. But that is typical for this time of year. Looks like a normal year in Wisconsin.

What do you guys think. Early, normal,late?

·
Registered
354 Posts
My friend saw a buck mounting a doe sunday morning at our hunt lease in southwest michigan. I saw about 12 bucks this weekend and all but 2 were following does.

·
Registered
883 Posts
I was hunting this past weekend in the Menomie/Eau Claire area and the does are in heat. Hunted Thur night through Sunday morning. Saw bucks each day. Went out with the spot light Thur night and every doe we saw had either fawns with them or a buck on/in their tail. One huge guy we saw would have scored 170+. So I'd say the rut is on.

I was sitting near a bedding area along a travel route and messed up on a monster that cruised by at 3:00 in the afternoon. Couldn't get my release hooked up in time. Lesson learned there. Passed a very small 10 earlier that day.

·
Custom callmaker
3,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am not saying the rut isn't kicken in. I have noticed it heating up.

Just saying its not that early. It seems right on track to being a normal start.

I don't no how it was predicted on the other threads, moon phase? but I think the predictions were off. Look at the threads asking hows the rut going, where is the rut?

·
Registered
500 Posts
Normal here in ND as well. Some very spotty rut activity but the peak is a ways off. I saw no chasing the last four days and the weather here isn't cooperating either. Hopefully it will be better by next weekend. But no early rut.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts