Archery Talk Forum banner

So, this is just how stupid my buddy can be

1797 38
So, we are getting our bows sighted in at the range, mine, a new Elite GT500 and my buddy's Elite Synergy. So, Im standing there and all of a sudden......."BANG!!" He dryfires his bow and says "I thought I knocked an arrow". I got pretty angry and said to be more careful and always make sure an arrow is knocked before the bow is drawn. He shoots about ten more arrows and.......He does it again! I looked at him and said what the F%&! dude! I went over and checked his bow out. There wasn't a single thing wrong with it! I guess Barnsdale limbs are the best in the business.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

· Registered
3,588 Posts
...????....

More than just the limbs can be bungled.

· Registered
3,720 Posts
Well, John Deere puts pressure switches under the seats so you can't start it when no one is sitting in it.

He needs a pressure switch on his rest so if no arrow is on the rest, the cams stay locked up and can't be drawn.:darkbeer:

· Registered
2,016 Posts
How is his love life going ?

:eek:This could be a sign of love (even broken love )over what matters !:mg:

A few hours buying me drinks is time tested cure for this !:darkbeer:

What is archery all about in the off season!:eek:t:

· Hoyt Nation Life Member
15,100 Posts
He did get lucky though.

· Registered
9,477 Posts
I don't know why you would get angry. I have seen it a few times and I think it is kind of funny between friends. A couple hundred bucks if they did break something isn't going to change there life but maybe a good lesson. My one friend still thinks its funny that he did it. Everyone says how can you do it until it happens. I still haven't done it but have said no way could it ever happen to me. But I have caught myself before drawing back with no arrow.
Twice in 10 shots is pretty ridiculous though but I would still think it was funny

· She's baaaaack!!!!
20,602 Posts
About 2 weeks ago....... I had 2 different bows by 2 different guys dry fired in the same week. Not full draw dry fires more like half draw dry fires. The first guy was a buddy that's 6'5", 240 lbs. and the other was my brother. Since the first guy is 10 years younger over a foot taller and has 80 lbs on me I let him slide..........like I had a choice, but he did it in front of about 20 friends so he caught some grief! It was my brothers last week of employment so he got off.

Neither bow is damaged, but since I've never had a dry fire (using a bow) I figured I better lay low for a few days else the third one might be the charm........

· Registered
6,320 Posts
I would be more worried about the cams than the limbs! Look really close! They usually experience "collapsing" or "wrinkling". Will show a week point almost instantly! I would check it over close. Maybe nothing happened. Maybe!

· Registered
10,406 Posts
Glad no one was hurt......there's a topic on here today where someone asked why do bow companies not honor their warranties to anyone other than the orig owner.......just saying.:)

· Registered
267 Posts
The limbs I am sure are fine(Barnsdale) but, the axels and cams are what I would be scrutinizing. Look for physical damage and then verify that your bearings if you have them are not rough and damaged by using a pencil to spin them freely. Then I like to take my level and check for bent components. Roll your axels on it and lay your cams against it in a bunch of places to check it for being bent. If it all looks good then your buddy will be a happy son of a gun.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.