Archery Talk Forum banner

What did you think of the Monster

• A Great Bow!!!! I want one or am getting one.

Votes: 42 60.9%
  • A nice bow but not worth the price or hype.

Votes: 13 18.8%
  • Its ok. They have a ways to go with it before i buy it.

Votes: 9 13.0%
  • Very Dissapointed. Not at all what i expected.

Votes: 5 7.2%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
7,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanting to get an idea from the people that gave the bow a chance. Please, no bashing.

· Registered
1,181 Posts
It was really fast and had no hand shock at all. I wasn't a fan of the draw but it was the first of the 'speed bows' that I've ever shot and from what I read, it's comparable to the rest of them.

· Registered
3,720 Posts
I am a lefty so I drew a RH model righty at 63#. I am not a mathews fan but I actually thought it was better than expected. It did have a noticeable hump at the end but I've also owned an 82nd so I am used to it. I will say that it humped as bad at 63# as my 82nd at 70# and worse than my 82nd at 63#. The shot was very nice and shock free IMO. It's not going to be for everyone, but it's also a speed bow so what do you expect. If I had unlimited resources I would own one to play with.

· Banned
574 Posts
For me it was better than i expected. I shot it at 60# and it was an inch to long for me and i thought that it drew pretty smooth. There was a noticable hump towards the end of the draw but it wasn't bad. The thing i liked most about it was that i was able to relax at full draw and it didn't want to take off on me. That really surprised me! All in all i think it's a great bow and I will be ordering one. I want it for hunting because this thing is going to produce some incredible k/e

· Registered
715 Posts
None of the above.

I knew going in that the bow wasn't for me and I didn't want one. But I was more than curious to see the new technology and see how the thing was put together.

I was pleasantly suprised that the bow wasn't impossible to draw. The HUMP is noticeable, but its a speed bow... what did you expect?

The shot was nice... bit of vibe from the string, but you can fix that fairly easily.

I think it is going to do well.

· Registered
7,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
None of the above.

I knew going in that the bow wasn't for me and I didn't want one. But I was more than curious to see the new technology and see how the thing was put together.

I was pleasantly suprised that the bow wasn't impossible to draw. The HUMP is noticeable, but its a speed bow... what did you expect?

The shot was nice... bit of vibe from the string, but you can fix that fairly easily.

I think it is going to do well.
Shouldnt have been any vibe on the string. It should have had the mathews string suppressor on it. It came in an envelope to your dealer. He must have not installed it.

· Registered
640 Posts
I shot the Monster at 61 lbs. and hated the huge hump at the end. Comparing this to the 09 Dream Season I just got last week, the pse draws smoother with alot less pronounced hump and this is set at 64.5 lbs. I thought the monster shot good with very little jump, however I felt the pse had better balance and was quieter at the shot. I have always had mathews in the past and was very disappointed in their product line this year. I do not like the top heavy feel of the reezen and monster and I do not like the draw cycles on these, however this is why there is more than one company out there to give us great choices.

· Registered
715 Posts
Shouldnt have been any vibe on the string. It should have had the mathews string suppressor on it. It came in an envelope to your dealer. He must have not installed it.

I am my dealer.... and I sold them. :shade: Somebody has to drive the mule. Lights don't keep themselves on you know...

The bow doesn't come with the Dead End on it.... and I want the customer to feel the bow as it is... I figure that once they hear the buzz... the Dead End will sell itself. Only thing I put on it was the Mathews Drop Away rest... and that is simply because it is a necessity.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.