Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ours is This coming Sunday Oct. 1. I have been shooting a lot lately and last night, Monday, I shot until dark. Tonight I am washing all my camo (winter and fall) in scent free soap and drying the majority with earth scent dryer sheets, while hanging the waterproof stuff outside to drip dry. Tomorrow I will bag it all up and get it stored in tubs or in a Scentlok duffle. Also tomorrow I will also (a compromise between those who leave them out and not) take my climber out to the land I hunt and drive up the trail to within about 250 yards of the trail I will hunt and leave it with a pop up camper and flatbed trailer the owner keeps stored there. (Sunday I will park at the gate and walk the quarter mile up the hill and pick it up and go get set up.) I coach and Thursday and Friday I have games so those days are full, and then Sat. I will shoot for an hour or so, o.k. probably two hours, get my stuff laid out and ready, put it in a tub to take to the site to change, and generally be a nervous wreck.

What about you?

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Doing This

Our opens Oct 1st also on a Sunday so I figure I'll go out and get sloppy drunk and sleep in Sunday morning. I'm not a morning guy until around the 21st of October, its so tough in the mornings until around then. So a few beers and maybe some tail chasing other than whitetails will be in my agenda for Saturday nite early Sunday morning.

·
Registered
817 Posts
I also leave in Indiana, but I will be in my stand first thing Sunday Morning watching deer. All my stands are in Place, been shooting my bow frequently and I am ready to go!!!

CamSpeed don't :darkbeer: too much

·
Registered
198 Posts
I have been topping off the feeders at my various leases and Been placing treestands and scouting. I will go friday and put a few markers out for a few treestands. All my cammo's have been in scent free bags since last year and placed in my scent free closet. I go out and shoot a little just about every day and I try to make the first shot count.

Where do you coach at Befus?:)

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
The season also begins here the 1st,i practice year round,this year to take my mind off of opening day i brought my kids to the range to shoot archery for the first time,man did they love it.All my stands are up,gear is set.Every day that goes by my heart beats a little faster,i swear its worse than being a kid at christmas,i have a hard time sleeping,i wish there was a supprt group.

·
Registered
15,276 Posts
I have all my stands up
Camo washed
Backpack, packe
Broadheads sharpened
Bow checked over
Full tank of gas in my hunting truck
I am ready for Sunday morning already!

·
Registered
180 Posts
The season down here in Texas starts Sept. 30. All I have been doing is crying! :cry: I'm waiting on a bearing for my top cam to arrive from Hoyt. When I get it in I'll try to set up my bow within a week and hit the woods as soon as possible. Good luck to ya'll.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Season opens saturday in Pa. and the weather should be pretty good,gettin pretty chilly last few days.Thursday is last day of work for me then Im off for 10 days of nothing but hunting.Cant wait to get in that tree and listen to the silence!Good luck to all!

·
Registered
15,276 Posts
I have all my stands up
Camo washed
Backpack, packed
Broadheads sharpened
Bow checked over
Full tank of gas in my hunting truck
I am ready for Sunday morning already!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
jldbowhunt said:
Where do you coach at Befus?:)
Head FB at Elmwood Thurs., then special teams Fridays for RHS.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Our season has already started. I haven't been able to get out as of yet. My son went out opening day, but came home empty handed.:sad:

Hopefully this weekend I can get out.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Rogers High School I'm guessing Beefus? I play for JHS over in Jonesboro. Who do ya'll have friday night?

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
I have most of my equipment ready. I will give the backpack a good going over on Saturday. Other than that I am just impatiently waiting.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The Southside Rebels. Ya'll?

·
Registered
266 Posts
uggg I have school to do until sunday. Man I hate tests and papers on the thursday before the archery opener.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I may be wrong...

But the time leading up to opening day is almost as exciting as the hunting itself! Gotta love it! In Alabama we have to wait until October 14th, but it is getting close!!

Good luck to everyone.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
We've got Jacksonville at Jacksonville. Should be a pretty good game. Good luck to ya'll!

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
everything has been pretty mush ready to go for quite some time.

(1) more shooting
(2) more shooting
(3) check gear again and again
(4) find a way to sleep
(5) find a way to sleep

time to roll out on sunday!

camoham

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
camoham said:
everything has been pretty mush ready to go for quite some time.

(1) more shooting
(2) more shooting
(3) check gear again and again
(4) find a way to sleep
(5) find a way to sleep

time to roll out on sunday!

camoham
I stopped shooting last week. I've got confidence in my shot, so I figured I'd give the muscles a rest. I'm so pumped, I can barely sleep. Got the braodheads on the arrows last night. I'm gonna get all my other stuff ready tonight. :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts