Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be 65 soon and haven't used my climber for years now. Put ladder stands up on the farm or tried a blind with no success. I guess I've become lazy over the years and it is so convenient to just walk in and climb. Also I have a 20 year old Ole' Man climber which works well but is heavy at 25 lbs. Big advantage is being able to move around and set up at different locations. Any opinions would be appreciated. Also in the future I might have to hunt on public land where I cannot put up ladders and leave them up.

·
Mark
5,695 Posts
59 and agree ladder stands on your own land is just easy hunting, however sounds like we’ve had better luck killing a few deer. I have a Goliath climber and use it from time to time without any issues.

·
Back down to ground level
16,304 Posts
Set up a climber for gun hunting this year, where I couldn't see from the ground. Didn't use it, though, after the initial test. It's still there if somebody wants it. Having to go back to get it just confirms why I don't like using stands. 62, and I like hunting from the ground so much better.

·
3%er
3,635 Posts
I will be 60 this fall, dont see not using my Sumitt Viper SD. All the mods added, it is very comfy and stable to be in

·
Banned
18,640 Posts
I'm almost there (Feb)... heck, I still use my LW Alpha and 4 lw sticks, walking in well over a mile to many locations, and switching locations if the wind switches... that means coming back out the same distance, going to another location, walking back in and setting up again... I continue to work out, and am a avid distance runner... your only as old as your mind lets you think ..... I refuse to slow down.... I have a new Muddy Stalker Climber, I'll use in a few specific locations this coming season ....

·
Romans 10 vs 9
11,125 Posts
I'm 61 and still use my Summit Goliath and Lone Wolf sit and climb all the time but not as much as my lock on. I also work out at the gym a couple days a week which helps much!

·
Registered
5,148 Posts
I'm soon to be 61 and I use a summit Goliath 90% of the time ! I feel safer in my climber than any other way to get in a tree , especially since I got a treestand wingman !

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
I'm 66 and still using my Treewalkers and hang on's with sticks. I have built a hay bale blind for use this year and hope to at least kill a turkey out of it.

·
Just Do It.....
30,245 Posts
I'll be 65 soon and haven't used my climber for years now. Put ladder stands up on the farm or tried a blind with no success. I guess I've become lazy over the years and it is so convenient to just walk in and climb. Also I have a 20 year old Ole' Man climber which works well but is heavy at 25 lbs. Big advantage is being able to move around and set up at different locations. Any opinions would be appreciated. Also in the future I might have to hunt on public land where I cannot put up ladders and leave them up.
What type of fitness program do you do? Quality of life increases with fitness especially as we age.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What type of fitness program do you do? Quality of life increases with fitness especially as we age.
I don't have a fitness regiment. I know I should but never find the time. Only do a lot of walking on my job.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I'll be 62 in a couple months and definitely use my climber. Hunt only public grounds. Three knee surgeries and one shoulder surgery, but still able to carry a 70# pack. Hope God continues to bless me with the health/fitness.

·
Z-MAN
875 Posts
I'm 62 and use my 95 Loggy Bayou with the fleece seat when the temps go to 30 degrees and my Lone Wolf during the warm part of the season.

·
Registered
37,113 Posts
Great to see this. I'm 49 and it's not as easy using my climber as it once was. Was worried that my time using that type of stand was nearing an end but this thread gives me hope.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 76 Posts