Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The heaviest buck I ever killed in Florida was a big 6 point.
That’s awesome! Last year was our first year in i think over 20 years to be able to legally kill a true 6. Been under QDM for quite a few years where your bucks had to have 4 point on one side. Last year they added in that they can also be legal with having a 15” outside spread. Maybe i’ll get me one some day!

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I couldn’t help but turn the truck around to grab a photo of this guy. Sadly i got off a handful of underexposed crappy shots before he ran off. Almost all beams. View attachment 7670035
Looks like an older buck with his glory days behind him. He looks almost too heavy to be a younger deer. But I have seen some very big bodied 3.5 year old deer

·
Registered
306 Posts
My son killed this nice 6 in 2019. I saw a 6 point in Illinois a few years back that I would bet a large amount of money would push 140" He was a massive huge framed 6. Would love to have gotten a pic of him. Saw him two days in a row and then never again. One of those old Pike Co bucks that just shows up passing through during the rut.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
That’s awesome! Last year was our first year in i think over 20 years to be able to legally kill a true 6. Been under QDM for quite a few years where your bucks had to have 4 point on one side. Last year they added in that they can also be legal with having a 15” outside spread. Maybe i’ll get me one some day!
Last year and this year GA regulations said only 1 of your 2 antlered deer had to have 4+ points or 15" spread. One antlered deer could be any size, unless hunting a WMA or other area with specific antler restrictions.

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Last year and this year GA regulations said only 1 of your 2 antlered deer had to have 4+ points or 15" spread. One antlered deer could be any size, unless hunting a WMA or other area with specific antler restrictions.
It’s county specific. It still states that my county and a few others, both bucks must fall under the QDM regulation.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts