Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my girlfriend is coming out this weekend with me and it is supposed to be about 20 degree without wind chill. im worried how she will hanlde it i have jackets and such for her, but has anyone ever brough a blanket into a treestand with them??? Im not sure if that would be a good idea or not.

·
G5 killing machine
4,827 Posts
I carry a camo throw in my back pack when I go out. I either use it or my better half does. If you want to keep her in the woods, then I would keep her as warm as you can.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Do you have a good sleeping bag? I have taken my mummy bags out to our blinds for my son to wrap up in

Probably would work in a stand also, just be careful

·
Registered
6,765 Posts
Sure why not?

Once your up their toss 2 fleece blankets or a quilt over your/her seat.

Then sit down and put some more over you/her.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
I've got a better idea.... leave her home. Take her next year when its warmer.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
450 Posts
You only get one time to make a first impression.
Sounds like a job for a ground blind. She would probably have a better time and be more comfortable. If she enjoys her time out with you, she'll probably want to do it again. This vastly opens the door to buying extra bows, overlooking hunting items laying around the house, your habit of shooting targets in the basement, etc, with no questions asked.
Married guys have had time to think about this.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I would deffiantly take a cover or sleeping bag...took my gf out one year just so happen temps was extremely low and sleeting... she hasnt went back out since

·
Registered
389 Posts
take her out when it is warmer, so she will enjoy it more,

1 - 14 of 14 Posts