Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Hope you can help me out. Looking for a soft sided cooler for long weekends that holds ice decent. I looked at the yeti hoppers and didn’t like the envelope style top (looking more for squarish top, and man they are EXPENSIVE). I’m kinda leaning towards the rtic 40 soft sided cooler but after looking at reviews seems like they don’t stand behind their product (broken zippers, seams busting gets basically a shrug from the manufacturer). Then looked at the ozark trail but they don’t seem leak proof and don’t seem the same quality.

Like I said. Looking for soft side fairly decent size and good quality. Am I missing out on one that I should be looking at?

Thanks

·
Registered
49 Posts
I just got an Rtic 20 for Christmas and I love it. Have only had it a week but it’ll keep ice longer than it keeps beer. The Rtic 40 May be a little harder to finish all the beer by myself though lol

·
Registered
10,489 Posts
Look at the Engel. Like 99.00 shipped and very easy to get ice into unlike Yeti. Has a removable liner as well as pockets and backpack straps that tuck inside a pocket. We take three of them to Canada fishing and are our favorites and we have RTIC as well.

·
Registered
6,189 Posts
I have this Engel for fishing at the beach. Still not great for in and out on top, but way better than the Yeti (I have 6 of them in different sizes) and it is light and works well. The pop out liner is great...it doesn't seem as durable as the Yeti but so far no issues. One thing you can do to keep ice in it is chill it down before you use it, like put it in the freezer and also I make big cylinders of ice instead of little cubes...they last so much longer. Think bread pan mold...

Look at the Engel. Like 99.00 shipped and very easy to get ice into unlike Yeti. Has a removable liner as well as pockets and backpack straps that tuck inside a pocket. We take three of them to Canada fishing and are our favorites and we have RTIC as well.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
10,489 Posts
Engel is way under rated because they do not advertise much. They were building coolers before Yeti even knew what a cooler was. Very good coolers.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I have am Rtic 20. Zipper went out just under the one year waranty. Sent it back and they replaced the cooler no questions asked.
Mine gets used daily as a lunch box and frequently as a beer cooler on weekends so it gets lots of abuse. Think the zipper was partially my fault as I never greased the darn thing like they suggest.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts