Archery Talk Forum banner

Software Poll

• AAPalm for OS 5.0 (and earlier with new features)

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • Archer's Advantage for Pocket PC

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Archer's Advantge For Windows, Version 5.0

Votes: 32 64.0%

• Total voters
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As I have lamented many times, my time is very limited with a demanding day job & two small children. That said, it is time to s*^t or get off the pot.

I have been playing with a Version 5.0 upgrade to Archer's Advantage and frankly have been unable to come up with enough new features to get me excited about the project.

There is also a need to upgrade AAPalm for OS 5.0 Support.

I also get many requests to develop a Pocket PC version. I have resisted Pocket PC because of the limited battery life compared to most Palm Devices.

Here is your chance to make your voice heard. Which project should I tackle next and why, specifically what features are you interested in seeing in any new project?

Thanks for your continued support & Good Shooting!

Perry

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Perry if you can't come up with enough new features for Windows to get YOU excited, imagine the thud for us :)

I would love to have a PocketPC version though and would be willing to pay.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
I love this software!

I don't know what to expect more from you?

I am using it for shaft selector and with very good result. I am currently ranked 2nd in the province of Quebec in FITA 1440 and 5th or so in Canada. I won the Quebec FITA indoor championship by using it. :D

I am using it on my PC under Windows ME.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I'd vote for the pocket pc version.

But it's no big deal as I'll just buy the Palm version if it's the only one available next spring.

There are some desirable improvements to AA - but nothing significant.

Thanks for asking ...

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
My vote is for the palm upgrade. I use that one the most, but still use my PC for sight tapes and arrow selection.

If I had my wish, the only upgrade that I would want would be:

The ability to hotsync your palm information directly to AA windows, and to be able to use AA windows to analyze your shots in with your plotted hits in the score area.

Oh, yeah and Color interface in palm for us Clie and palm phone users. :)

·
Registered
726 Posts
I vote for windows!

I would like to see the program updated so it would hold my arrow selections using the "build arrow". When I use the shaft selector, I can choose what bow I want from the build a bow page, but I cannot change arrows with the specifics I want on those arrows with out saving that one arrow setup. So basically, could you add an arrow selection box of the arrows I have made in the arrow build screen, so all I have to do is click on the arrow I want, just like picking the bow I want to use(that I already built in the build bow screen). This would help out a lot when I change from an outside carbon arrow that has short plastice vanes to a inside aluminum that has 5" feathers. Hopefully you get what I am trying to say here.

Mike

·
Extreme Opinionated One
43,666 Posts
I agree with GRIV. Allow AApalm and Windows palm to share setup info to save us from typing it all in on two different systems.

Also I'd like to see a arrow selection chart on AA Palm that shows a spine chart (red, yellow, green, yellow, red).

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi perry i've used your programs with great success but being able to hotsync the two programs would really be nice. enabling AA to generate marks with elevation angles that you input manually like with the palm and being able to print them would also be a good timesaver.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I like ikester's idea. Printing out a cut sheet that's specific to your bow would be a nice feature.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the suggestions guys. Tighter integration of AAPalm & Archer's Advantage is a natural extension of the current program's capabilities and my well be the focus of my next software project. While I have had quite vocal requests to support Pocket PC in the past, it appears that it is barely on the radar screen for most shooters.

I didn't include Shaft Selection in the first generation of AAPalm because of the CPU intensive nature of modeling shaft performance. When I develop an OS 5 Specific Version of AAPalm I will readdress this issue because of the faster CPUs available on the new PDAs.

Alaska Mike,

While this doesn't exactly scratch your itch, you might find it a useful near term solution. When you build either your Indoor or Outdoor Setup, name it so. Then click Add Record while the current Indoor/Outdoor setup is selected. Name the new Setup the opposite (Outdoor vs Indoor). The new Setup will inherit all of the properties of the currently selected Setup. You can then build your indoor/outdoor arrow and have ready access to both configurations. If you don't want changes in one setup to affect the bow configuration for the other setup, you will need to ADD a Bow & have only one setup refer to that bow.

Capo,

Archer's Advantage already prints out Cut Charts +/- 80 degrees in 5 Degree and 5 Yard/Meter increments customized to your bow. I am not sure what else you would need in a printed cut chart.

Good Shooting!

Perry

·
Registered
541 Posts
oh ... :eek: :eek:

Actually, that's perfect --- guess I didn't know it existed -- I'll go back and take closer look this time .... :)

·
Registered
301 Posts
Perry,

One more in agreement with GRIV as you well know from our previous conversations.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts