Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning fellow AT’ers! I bought this bow off here a few months back, used. This weekend was actually the first time I’d shot it. I initially noticed some vibration on the shot but it didn’t have a stab on it, screwed one on thinking that might do it but I still notice a twang after the shot? I looked at the sight, rest limbs, everything looked tight but I could shake the bow and hear the rattle. It took me a minute but I see this loose screw on the flex guard. It may be hard to see in the pics but this screw head is stripped. After closer inspection, it looks like the other screw head may be as well and the main bolt attached to the riser, I can’t tell exactly but it also looks as though it was tampered with. My question, i believe there’s enough of a gap to get a pair of pliers on this screw and back it out, but is this advisable? I don’t have a press. Is this an easy fix or am I’m going to have to take this to my bow shop?
Thanks for your help, Wes

Attachments

· Registered
79 Posts
The flex guard itself is under pressure at rest, which is why that flat bar the bearings ride on is curved. As you relieve pressure by pressing the bow that bar will want to return to a straight (unflexed) position. I have removed those roller bearings a few times but it was always without pressure on the guard. I would advise having a shop take them off if you don't have access to a press.

· Registered
5,244 Posts
As stated by ehusta73, I would put the bow in a press and take all the pressure off before messing with the screws at all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts