Archery Talk Forum banner
  • Enter in this new Contest Sponsored by Walmart for your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I have a question for you archers that have had experience with both the sr6 and solution. Say you have both bows 29" 70lb with arrow in the 425gr range, which bow will outrun the other? Need to settle a friendly discussion with my coworker. He has a sr6 and he says the sr6 will push it faster. Dealer says he believes that the solution will run the same or have a slight edge. We've been talking because I was looking at picking up a new bow.

·
Registered
Realm X / Reckoning
69 Posts
Hi all. I have a question for you archers that have had experience with both the sr6 and solution. Say you have both bows 29" 70lb with arrow in the 425gr range, which bow will outrun the other? Need to settle a friendly discussion with my coworker. He has a sr6 and he says the sr6 will push it faster. Dealer says he believes that the solution will run the same or have a slight edge. We've been talking because I was looking at picking up a new bow.

From everything I've seen, the Solution is faster at shorter draw lengths.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome, I like the charts. I guess the dealer might know what he's talking about.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Awesome, I like the charts. I guess the dealer might know what he's talking about.
The SR6 is a few FPS faster at 29". I own both bows and 2 chrono's. Just saying. Its only about 2 fps but the SR6 is faster. I have my Solution in Performance now so its faster than the SR6 that is still in comfort. And I don't care what the chart says. I've had the SR6 for 2 years and the Solution since February and have chrono'd them many many times messing with arrow weights etc.

Reactions: Bushwackr

·
Registered
202 Posts
Yeah, that chart came out but if you really look at the numbers it might have been done on published speeds as it was real close. Many said there is a video of him shooting but I've not seen it. Many say the SR6 was overrated until 30 inch draw but most that own one report great speeds from the 6. Some of the few published speeds of the Solution that I have seen were not super impressive but is still an awesome bow.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Yesterday changed my solution from 28" to 28.5 as I put a Gillingham grip on it, at 28.5 it defiantly has a deeper valley almost have to push it forward to let down, at 28 its a bit jumpy make sense why its fast at short draws, I saw a 4 fps speed gain at 28.5 with 4 different weight arrows. Its in comfort. The Gillingham grip is amazing and will go on all my bowtechs now

·
Registered
678 Posts
Yesterday changed my solution from 28" to 28.5 as I put a Gillingham grip on it, at 28.5 it defiantly has a deeper valley almost have to push it forward to let down, at 28 its a bit jumpy make sense why its fast at short draws, I saw a 4 fps speed gain at 28.5 with 4 different weight arrows. Its in comfort. The Gillingham grip is amazing and will go on all my bowtechs now
Good info.

Do you have a link to the Gillingham grip?

·
Registered
937 Posts
Good info.

Do you have a link to the Gillingham grip?
You can message him on Facebook to order the grips. I've bought 3 from him so far. They are nice.

·
Registered
718 Posts
The real decision here is do you want the yokes or the deadlock.

Your splitting hairs on a percent or two speed.

Course if the SR6 is in Johns truck on the way to go hunting and he is driving 65, And Sam is going too in his truck with the Solution and going 62....then the SR6 is faster

·
Registered
397 Posts
See it is a tough one because you said at 29” draw. I’m a 30” draw and my sr6 shoots ENTIRELY different than your friends . It won’t even feel like the same bow. I’ve shot 29” sr6s and you will walk away saying “wow what a smooth draw and great valley. Now shoot a 30” and everyone will be like

That last inch of the sr6 stacks so hard it feels like a 100lb draw when you get there . That’s where the speed comes. I kid you not I shot into a 3/4” rubber stall mat and the sr6 went in all the way up to mid fletching . The solution went maybe 70% in both at 70 lb 30” full draw. That’s like another 10” penetration on my 28.5” arrow. Switch your friends draw for a shot or two on the sr6 just to see what I’m saying . The solution is a great bow no doubt I have no complaints about it but the sr6 is one of those bows that comes out once every couple years that is just different . Hands down the solution draws so much smoother (in the last 1”-2”) but is that what you want in a speed bow? That last 1”of draw puts so much KE into your shot . Check this video out it shows exactly what I’m saying it’s long skip to 13:29 . That’s dudes not a small dude and that’s a 60lb sr6 watch his draw especially at the back 1”. Fast forward to 9:28 and 13:29. Put that at 70lb and watch out !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts