Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,
I would love to purchase some Gray Wolf Woolens clothing. Specifically, a set of bibs, and a parka, or some type of coat, for cold weather hunting.
I think I would probably prefer the Comfortmax lining (that IS the windproof stuff right?), and possibly also with the insulation lining as well (I THINK this was referred to as "Liteloft"), but someone correct me if I'm wrong here.
It appears that the ONLY extra warmth that I could possibly add to the bibs/parka, would be the addition of wool, correct?
I THINK I have this all figured out, so could someone please correct me if the above info and available combinations are wrong?
I was thinking I would probably not need the wool, as that would be too warm, since I will be also wearing several base layers as needed. One such base layer would be Cabelas PolarTEC line, as well as my own wool layer IF ever needed. Therefore, I figure I should probably NOT have Gray Wolf use wool.
SO, to recap, I would order a set of bibs and maybe a parka, with the comfortmax lining, along with the Liteloft insulation lining.
Now, I have TWO main concerns.
FIRST, I'm disappointed to see that Gray Wolf does not offer Predator Deception, which was really my only camo pattern of choice! Is there ANY chance at all, that they are NOW offering this pattern? I would call up and place my order almost immediately, if they offer this pattern.
Secondly, are you guys finding that their sizing chart is DEAD ON??? I am VERY picky about sizing, and how a garment of clothing fits, and I KNOW it is always very DIFFICULT to obtain the proper size, without physically trying on a couple different sizes. This is ESPECIALLY true, when you are trying to size a set of bibs or a jacket, when you KNOW you are going to want to wear different amounts of layers on, under the bibs or parka, that you are trying to size yourself for.
I see Gray Wolf has a page with discounted items, that were returned by customers who ordered the wrong size or camo pattern.
Does this mean that IF I were to receive the wrong size, I could return it for a refund?
I would of course, tell Grey Wolf what my goals are, and let them know ALL that I have told you guys today, however, I can just see myself receiving the incorrect size, the first time around. That just seems to be my luck, with situations like this.
I would appreciate ANY and ALL help you guys can offer me today.

BTW,
I hear that there is usually a 6 week waiting period for custom items. Has this been your experience as well???? IF this is the case, then I would seriously have to get my order placed quickly, in time for this winters hunting season...

·
Registered
5,465 Posts
Your best bet would be to call and talk to Jeff or Matt. they are great guys and will help you out in any way possible. This time of year it will most likely take around 6 weeks for a custom order. Great product!

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, and I definitely plan on doing that. I was just hoping others here on this forum, might have some answers to my questions. I HOPE LIKE CRAZY, that somehow, Gray Wolf, can make my clothing, in the Predator Deception pattern. I just can't believe they would not offer their line in this AWESOME pattern, which, IMO, is just as good, if not better, than MOST of the other Predator patterns. The Fall Brown is nice too, but other than that, the Deception is definitely the BEST pattern Predator offers...
Can anyone else help with the above questions????
Thanks so much guys..

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Id definatly call Jeff when you order they ask for alot of measurements, build and what type of base layers you use ect.
I got there measurement sheet first and had my girl help me measure ect then called Jeff to order he had more questions and he started my order.
Each peice is custom to you so the turnaround is not the fastest. But you cant rush perfection:wink:
I know they are usualy very busy this time of year with last minute archery orders ect:eek:

·
Registered
768 Posts
Does anyone have any pictures of their Grey Wolf coat or pants?

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is EXACTLY what I've been wanting to see.
I would LOVE to see some pics of uninsulated jacket/parka and bibs, AND also INSULATED jacket/parka and bibs, both in wolfskin, OR for that matter, the wool too.
I can't believe of all the talk we have of camo on this site, we hardly ever see some good up close pics of this line of clothing while it is being worn.
Granted, there is a COUPLE pics, but not many, and we surely haven't seen a comparison between insulated, and uninsulated while being worn by the user...
Can ANYONE help out here?????

·
Registered
69 Posts
Gray Wolf Vest

I bought this one and love it. Predator Fall Gray. The mini Bino pocket is great for having whether you have a pair of mini binos or not.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
According to their site you can get the outfitters line in Fall brown or Deception brown. I am ordering fall brown this winter for next season. :smile:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts