Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping to get some input from you guys. Im left eye dominant but have been shooting a right handed bow. Ive always used a friends bow but now im looking to get one for myself. How important is eye dominance? My right arm is my strong arm so if i went left-handed i would have to draw with my weak arm. Is there adjustments that could be made to a RH bow that compensate for the problem? Thanks for the help guys..

·
Registered
636 Posts
Why is your right arm stronger than your left? Is there a medical issue?

In a normal case where the right and left arm have the same strength I would lean towards the eye dominance in deciding which way to shoot. But if you have a handicap, you migfht be better off overcoming the eye dominance issue. I think the best way to overcome it is to shoot with one eye closed.

Nate

·
Registered
590 Posts
I shot right handed for 15 years and I am left eye dominant. Shooting right handed and using your left eye you can never get a consistant anchor point. I made the switch this year and now I am shooting left handed. The best decision I have ever made. I am more consistant with my shooting and my anchor point. Archery is all about your form. You will be a better shooter if your form is consistant. I say shoot left handed if you are left eye dominant.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts