Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
25,967 Posts
I heard this on the news this morning. :cry:

Prayers out to your community, this is going to be difficult to get through. It makes no sense at all. :sad:

· Registered
9,843 Posts
I just read an article that said he had been keeping a list of those that had "wronged" him. Apparently this list went back a bit, so this wasn't just something recent with him.

· Registered
673 Posts
That is why the right to keep and bear arms is so important. To protect ourselves. Of course finding ammo right now is the hard part.
That same right just allowed this a**hole to kill 10 people.....
THAT'S WHY SO MANY PEOPLE WANT MORE GUN CONTROL.....GET IT?!?!?
This is gonna cost us.....:angry:

· Registered
673 Posts
I get it. But they don't. Just because people drink and drive doesn't mean we should all lose our cars.
My sincerest condolences to all those who lost a loved one in the Alabama Shooting Tragedy....it makes my heart ache every time I read about the senseless slaughter of innocence.

LoneWolf:The difference is: when a drunk gets into his car, he doesn't intend to kill anyone. When I carry a weapon, I carry it with the intend to kill (when I'm hunting) or to defend/protect myself from another armed person,which --ultimately-- means,I am prepared to kill them, should the circumstance force me to. Why else would I carry a gun? For looks?

· Registered
3,193 Posts
My sympathies for the victims and families. My mom's side of the family is from Geneva so it was super scary as any of our relatives plus my immediate family could easily have been right there--I called them immediately to make sure they were OK.

That same right just allowed this a**hole to kill 10 people.....
No. Misuse of tools available may have sped up the process, but they could have been burned, stabbed, poisoned, ran over, or beaten with the same results. If anything, it was neglect of the right to self defense which allowed this to take the toll that it did. PROTECT YOURSELF AND YOUR FAMILY. IF YOU DON'T THIS COULD HAPPEN TO YOU. I don't know if there's any plainer way to see the truth of the matter. ANY ONE PERSON COULD HAVE STOPPED THIS. They didn't, and people continued to die.

· Registered
3,392 Posts
My sincerest condolences to all those who lost a loved one in the Alabama Shooting Tragedy....it makes my heart ache every time I read about the senseless slaughter of innocence.

LoneWolf:The difference is: when a drunk gets into his car, he doesn't intend to kill anyone. When I carry a weapon, I carry it with the intend to kill (when I'm hunting) or to defend/protect myself from another armed person,which --ultimately-- means,I am prepared to kill them, should the circumstance force me to. Why else would I carry a gun? For looks?
What does this have to do with anything? This argument could be used to disarm police officers too. :rolleyes:

· Registered
673 Posts
What does this have to do with anything? This argument could be used to disarm police officers too. :rolleyes:
You came up with the argument about the drunk driver, you explain it!
Besides,where did I say anything about disarming anyone???
I said 'this will cost us'!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.