Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Anointed Arrows
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the Bow I have learned strength and persistence, to be meticulous and look deeper into things for which answers may not be quite so readily available on the surface. That there in a bow can be simplicity and complexity such just as life, yet you get out even more than you put in. The bow has taught me reverence for all that God creates including myself, and thus to respect all regardless.

The arrow speaks always of truth and righteousness, of living a holy life that always should hit the mark that is the heart of God. To be straight with others always. To face my wrongs and weakness and in the end to square them. That there is a point to life, and the flight or journey is itself to be appreciated, that the win or the harvest are indeed wonderful, but there is a gathering from the loss and the miss too.

As a weapon, tool or toy, a bow like life takes on the intent of its user, and that can say a lot about whether we are an instrument of God's mercy, grace and even His justice, or a tool of and for evil.

Thus I can look to the all of nature and creation and see the hand of my Father, even in the very cycle of life, and I find a cause to be grateful and give thanks. These are just some of the lessons, at least for me, of the bow and the arrow.

·
Anointed Arrows
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is alright to be grateful and give our Creator the praise for the blessings of the bow and the arrow, its brotherhood and its discipline.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts