Archery Talk Forum banner

Some of the ways to prepare lizzard

992 Views 20 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  pragmatic_lee
You know how easy it is to prepare lizzard, some reciepes you dont even have top do any thing. These darn lizzards will cook themelves.

Texas Style Lizzard - This is where the lizzard shows up bright and early at the range. Just leave him out on the range all day by himself He will be cooked by evening.

What to do with some really tough Lizzard - easy just add jelly, lots and lots of jelly.

Creole Lizzards - get yourself one real ugly field target, sprinkle in lots and lot of smack, add 180 pounds of fresh newbie bt shooter, then through in a hammer and chisel and whammo the floodgates open. After it boils over you are not really sure whats in there.

Lets here your favorites
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· aka "5 Spot"
9,767 Posts
You know how easy it is to prepare lizzard, some reciepes you dont even have top do any thing. These darn lizzards will cook themelves.

Texas Style Lizzard - This is where the lizzard shows up bright and early at the range. Just leave him out on the range all day by himself He will be cooked by evening.

What to do with some really tough Lizzard - easy just add jelly, lots and lots of jelly.

Creole Lizzards - get yourself one real ugly field target, sprinkle in lots and lot of smack, add 180 pounds of fresh newbie bt shooter, then through in a hammer and chisel and whammo the floodgates open. After it boils over you are not really sure whats in there.

Lets here your favorites
I think Dave Cousins said it best. :eek:

But, just to add to the variety of "recipes" here's mine.

For some UNKNOWN reason develop the worst case of target panic ever.

In one smooth action, draw and quarter the lizard from the "top".

Just as it comes to the yellow "pot", expect it to immediately JUMP below the pot.

Do all in your power to FORCE it back "up" to the pot.

When all efforts fail, start the "let down" process, but DO NOT FORGET to remove your thumb from the "control".

If you do, expect to have to go looking lizard "excrement" in the woods behind the "pot".

I call this the "recipe for disaster"!

· Registered
2,359 Posts
hang in there Lee...:lol::lol::lol:.... it will all come together.... dont get

frustrated..... :darkbeer:... although... i wish i was there this weekend

to witness the trials and tribulations.... :tongue:

· aka "5 Spot"
9,767 Posts
hang in there Lee...:lol::lol::lol:.... it will all come together.... dont get

frustrated..... :darkbeer:... although... i wish i was there this weekend

to witness the trials and tribulations.... :tongue:
On the way home Sat. the little devil on my shoulder almost had me convinced that I was not going to be able to shoot the S4; however, after chasing him out the window and slapping myself in the face, I quickly came to realize that I had one of the best target bows available and some of the best "coaches" as well. I AIN'T giving up - just a whole lot less "smack talk" and a lot more concentration on shot execution.

Yea, I've said it before, but it's time now to get serious. I didn't get the "pragmatic" name for no reason.

· Registered
4,587 Posts
I don't know if this is stewed, fried, or just baked, but it's the best I got.

· Registered
4,587 Posts
That's right, it was you with the camera, not Mac.

Everyone, just pay close attention to the last line in the second picture (the part about having FUN). :wink:
Guilty as charged. I had to resize everything this morning. 8MP camera and the files are HUGE!!!

· Registered
4,587 Posts
Sorry to hear about the difficulty there prag...

Sorry I wasn't there to take your crispies that is...

Stick with it, it will come...
You'd a just passed it on to me anyway.

Net gain=0

· aka "5 Spot"
9,767 Posts
Both those days are out (10/18 Soccer game at 10:am), 11/1 is our Halloween party...looks like you're safe until next year...
Well I can't blame you for spending time with your son at the soccer game, BUT A HALLOWEENie PARTY - heck you can wear your pajama bottoms to DCWC. I'm sure there'll be plenty of tricks and treats for you. :tongue:

· Registered
4,738 Posts
Well I can't blame you for spending time with your son at the soccer game, BUT A HALLOWEENie PARTY - heck you can wear your pajama bottoms to DCWC. I'm sure there'll be plenty of tricks and treats for you. :tongue:
We (my wife and I and our neighbors) throw the party...I make :darkbeer: and everything...If I bail on helping the wife get ready she is gonna :uzi: me...I told you last time we shot together I would be out for quite awhile didn't I...???

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.