Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I have some old bows that need identifying (Year/Make/Model/String Length). I then want to set some of them up to shoot, if at all possible.

IMG_0235.jpg IMG_0234.jpg IMG_0232.jpg IMG_0229.jpg IMG_0228.jpg

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Pitfiend

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Some old bows that need identifying, and then setting up if at all possible... Pt: II

Some more pictures...

IMG_0226.jpg IMG_0223.jpg IMG_0225.jpg

Thanks again,

Pitfiend

·
Registered
656 Posts
The top 3 in the top two photos are all Bears. The very top one is a Kodiak Magnum I believe. The second from the top looks to be a Kodiak Hunter. I'm a long way from being an expert but I'd guess, at least for those two, 1970s vintage.

·
Registered
33 Posts
In the top right picture the top bow is a 1964 or 65 Kodiak Magnum. Need to see the serial number to know which year.

The one below is a 1970 Kodiak Hunter.

The 3rd one down is, I think, a 1964 Bear Polar.

The bottom bow with the leather handle wrap with the black stripes in the ends of the wrap is a Cravotta Brothers' Warrior made in December 1957.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Break them into smaller groups and try to get full length photos, riser photos of both sides and include any data written or printed on the bow. The top three are Bears but your photo is so close in that I cannot tell if the middle bow is a magnum or a hunter. The third down is a Polar. You already know this because the model is plainly printed on these bows on the upper limb.

·
Archery curmudgeon
2,781 Posts
Get strings for the ones with an AMO length 3.5"-4" shorter than the AMO length. The other longbows measure between the nocks and order a string 3" shorter. As Brad stated the Bears should not be a big mystery since the model is on the decals.

·
Registered
33 Posts
The 3rd one down is a Hunter. Look at the riser below the grip compared to the KMag above it. and the serial number is KT, which is a Hunter. All that is left to surmise is if the Kmag is a 1964 or 1965. I think I have the correct year for the Polar.

Get strings for the ones with an AMO length 3.5"-4" shorter than the AMO length. The other longbows measure between the nocks and order a string 3" shorter. As Brad stated the Bears should not be a big mystery since the model is on the decals.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts