Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Banned
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking for a rangefinder on AT classifieds but sellers are asking too much. Here's what I'm seeing - they paid $350 and are asking $250-$300 but those exact models aren't $350 anymore -they're $200 brand new with free shipping. So a used one should only be like $150 at the most since you can get a new one with a warranty for just $200. I understand wanting to get a good price but the prices have to reflect a current used price. End of rant. And if you happen to have a Nikon 800 rangefinder or a Leupold RX-100 for $150 please let me know.

·
Electified Archer
3,275 Posts
Make them an offer or just move on.

·
Banned
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have but no deal. I guess I'll pay a little more and get a new one.

·
10,217 Posts
I've been looking for a rangefinder on AT classifieds but sellers are asking too much. Here's what I'm seeing - they paid $350 and are asking $250-$300 but those exact models aren't $350 anymore -they're $200 brand new with free shipping. So a used one should only be like $150 at the most since you can get a new one with a warranty for just $200. I understand wanting to get a good price but the prices have to reflect a current used price. End of rant. And if you happen to have a Nikon 800 rangefinder or a Leupold RX-100 for $150 please let me know.
Is this a WTB Thread,or a Complaint Thread? If it`s a WTB Thread it will need to be Moved to the Classifieds,if you are just "ranting" as you say,then it can stay right here... And if you can find Rangefinders Cheaper elsewhere,then by all means by them there,I would...;)

·
Banned
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have an ad in the wanted section but this is just a rant.

·
Banned
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't get why every response to this thread has been with a rude tone. I'd think that everyone would like a fair price on something they're looking for.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I just tell them exactly what you stated and I have never had an issue. Most folks are realistic if you can show them they are incorrect. Send them a link to what you found and explain they are over priced and if they are willing to be more realistic that you are interested....either they see it the right way or send them down the highway.
Good Luck!
And don't worry about the "keyboard kool guys"...they have no lives outside of here :wink:

·
Registered
9,509 Posts
If I was you just give up on the classifieds, and get a brand new one:teeth:

One reason I think the prices are high in the classifieds is because everyone gets low-balled:angry:

·
Registered
328 Posts
x2

I don't get why every response to this thread has been with a rude tone. I'd think that everyone would like a fair price on something they're looking for.
I agree, and your not the only one who thinks some of the prices are abit far fetched, and the ones making those responses are likly to be some of the ones wanting $300 for a $100 item.:angry::angry:

·
Registered
941 Posts
You're saying what alot of people are thinking. I come across at least 20 items a day and can't help but say, "There's no frickin way this guy will get 50% of what he's asking." Either way, people have every right to name their price, and you have every right to make an offer.

*Sellers who start out with a price too high generally end up selling their stuff for less by the way. Once they're on a second page of nothing but "TTT," prices drop like a lead balloon, trust me ;)

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
I see it different I guess. Its there add. pay the price or look elsewhere. You go in to sears and pick up a 28 dollar shirt then tell them you will give them 18 for it and see where it gets you.
Not being a smart *** but its there range finder. If you want it make an offer and move on. Good luck I hope you find one thats priced right for you.

·
Registered
26,829 Posts
An item is worth what somebody is willing to pay for it. You see it all the time in the classifieds here. A slightly used 2010 bow gets listed for $750 and eventually sells for less than $700. Maybe the prices for a given item are higher because people are willing to pay more to get them. If you don't like the sale price, move on and buy what you want elsewhere

·
74,535 Posts
Pretty simple

If its to high dont buy it!

Not lets make a deal. Seller set his price and if you dont like it dont buy it.

DB

·
Banned
1,301 Posts
Not as bad as Craigslist here.

I saw a 2009 Reezen on there the other day, with "only a few hundred shots on it," for $1,250, equipped with a Tru-Glo sight a Kwikee Kwiver, half dozen Gander Mountain brand arrows, and a $30 Plano hardcase.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Not as bad as Craigslist here.

I saw a 2009 Reezen on there the other day, with "only a few hundred shots on it," for $1,250, equipped with a Tru-Glo sight a Kwikee Kwiver, half dozen Gander Mountain brand arrows, and a $30 Plano hardcase.
Can you post the link? I've been looking for a Reezen, and that sounds like a great deal if the Tru-Glo has FIBER OPTICS :p

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
If its to high dont buy it!

Not lets make a deal. Seller set his price and if you dont like it dont buy it.

DB
Well said DB
If I am selling something I can ask as much as I want for it if you don't want to pay that for it make an offer or buy something else.

Rick

·
Hoyt Nation Life Member
15,077 Posts
It's "Let's make a Deal" time. You can buy the Rangefinder for $250.00 or take your pick of either door #1 or door #3. Door #3 has a Goat wearing a Mathews Hoodie, or door #1 that has a bow colored with a Sharpie.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts