Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
4,627 Posts
Love #1 and #2 the black and white should be framed and sold a great rustic pic the hat is cool too nice effect a bit of working mans Americana, took me awhile to realize it was a turkey call got washed out by the sun and the last pic the effect of the hanging ? can't tell
the coloration blends it too much and I see the effect you were looking for but it also gets washed out, nice all and all thanks for sharing.

· Registered
1,549 Posts
I think number 1 would be better in black and white. It does work alright in color though. I also think you should show more of the fence below and shoot from a little lower point of view. i would also try and edit out the tall black skinny thing that is coming out of one of the posts. i think that distracts from the rest of the picture.

i would like 2 if someone was in the swing and the background was darker. it is just hard to tell what the point of interest in the photo is.

three needs to be in black in white cause the colors are off. It would really look good in black and white cause the light quality is amazing.

I am not really a fan of number 4. not sure what you are trying to show but there is nothing that stands out and gets your attention. the picture is also a little flat and needs a boost in contrast.

· Registered
10,119 Posts
Do you or have you used a polarizing filter? it will help cut the glare and the sun spot on the hat photo and possibly add some definition to the sky in the hat photo.

BTW< I really like the cabin photo, not sure what story you are trying to tell with the tree photo.

· Registered
1,549 Posts
i see i could have been more specific on which photos so i changed it a bit.

I think the one with the bird house would be better in black and white. It does work alright in color though. I also think you should show more of the fence below and shoot from a little lower point of view. i would also try and edit out the tall black skinny thing that is coming out of one of the posts. i think that distracts from the rest of the picture.

i would like the one in the cabin if if someone was in the swing and the background was darker. it is just hard to tell what the point of interest in the photo is. If you want it to be on the house i would darken out around it so you eye moves to the house.

the one with the hat needs to be in black in white cause the colors are off. It would really look good in black and white cause the light quality is amazing.

the one with the turkey call just looks too posed.

I am not really a fan of the tree. not sure what you are trying to show but there is nothing that stands out and gets your attention. the picture is also a little flat and needs a boost in contrast.

you just have to be careful when you edit the color photos so that you don't over edit them so that you can tell that they have been messed with quite a bit. you also have some good things going on like the hat picture. just make sure that you watch where your lighting is coming from. one thing i would try to avoid is shooting into the sun if you can. I would also shoot at sunset as well, that will give a totally different on the pictures.

· Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the critiques fellas I am taking them all into consideration and will repost when i get them refined and will post a few more for your expert opinions!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.