Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DON'T TAKE THE EFFER APART UNLESS YOU HAVE NERVS OF STEEL!!!. Yeah, what a pain in the keister.

Firstly, the cutout for the lanyard is not a good design. Too small and too tight a bend. Thinking I would loosen the screws a little bit for better access, I turned them one turn too much and "unpositioned" a spring inside. The result was a stiff trigger that would not adjust. I have rebuilt jet engines for 20 years. I have built fuel controls with little Itty bitty parts from scratch hundreds of times. Well after putting the justx back together, I can assure you it's no picnic.

Secondly, do not attempt this in front of sensitive ears unless you are comfortable with a six year old cursing like a drunken sailor.

Thirdly, enclose yourself in a very small, very clean and sealed area because you will send each of the 4 springs flying across the room at least 4 times each!

Lastly, what a great release! Performance is smooth as butter and undoubtedly will make me a better shooter.

Consider yourself warned!

·
(aka lug nut)
48,441 Posts
DON'T TAKE THE EFFER APART UNLESS YOU HAVE NERVS OF STEEL!!!. Yeah, what a pain in the keister.

Firstly, the cutout for the lanyard is not a good design. Too small and too tight a bend. Thinking I would loosen the screws a little bit for better access, I turned them one turn too much and "unpositioned" a spring inside. The result was a stiff trigger that would not adjust. I have rebuilt jet engines for 20 years. I have built fuel controls with little Itty bitty parts from scratch hundreds of times. Well after putting the justx back together, I can assure you it's no picnic.

Secondly, do not attempt this in front of sensitive ears unless you are comfortable with a six year old cursing like a drunken sailor.

Thirdly, enclose yourself in a very small, very clean and sealed area because you will send each of the 4 springs flying across the room at least 4 times each!

Lastly, what a great release! Performance is smooth as butter and undoubtedly will make me a better shooter.

Consider yourself warned!
Owie. Feel your pain. Maybe next time, have to work inside an acrylic glove box. LOL! My favorite is the tiny spring with a ball bearing. Take a case apart, and spring goes flying and the ball bearing is never to be found again.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
The best way to take any release aid apart is to get yourself a 2 gallon Ziploc bag and put both hands in it before you separate the release so all the parts are contained inside the bag when they fly apart.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The best way to take any release aid apart is to get yourself a 2 gallon Ziploc bag and put both hands in it before you separate the release so all the parts are contained inside the bag when they fly apart.
That information would have been useful YESTERDAY!!! what a pita it was. Would have been useful if I could have had the process in steps. I learned trial and error that specific parts must be installed in order.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
You should have asked on here before taking it apart as you would have learned all the steps first lol. But now it will be forever engrained into your mind.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts