Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As stated in the title, i am trying to tune my bow and cannot figure out whats goin on?! At each yardage increment (10,20,30) My arrow hits higher and higher the further i go back. The nock point is set right at 1/8" high, so its not b/c of my nock being lower than the rest. Whats going on? Anyone have advice? Thanks!!

·
Registered
725 Posts
What's your arrow speed? If you are set up good then chances are you should be shooting pretty much flat out to 20 yards and probably furthur. You shouldn't have to put a pin just for 10 yds. Have you shot past 30? When you start getting out to 40 and past you should definately see a lot of drop. The only other thing that comes to mind would be anchor point. If that changes then your shots could go anywhere. If you don't see any drop past 40 yards then I don't know what to say. Hope this helps! -Chris

·
Registered
87 Posts
What kind of sight do you have. Is it a single pin with a slider? My brother has one and everything is backwards, down is up and up is down.

·
Archery is my way of life
741 Posts
High Arrows

Check your arrow for light front of center.

·
Registered
9,994 Posts
As soon as an arrow is shot, it is slowing down. That is physics. If your arrows appear to be gaining height when you shoot a longer ranges, it is due to the fact that your paradox point is different than most people. Typically when you shoot, your arrow will cross your line of sight twice. Your line of sight is straight and your arrow goes in an arc. The arrow will cross up through the plane of sight and then come back down through the plane of sight again further down range. This is why some people say that they bow shoots flat out to 40 yards with one pin. It really doesn't, it just appears to because of the point of where the arrow crosses through the plane of sight going up and coming down. Either you have a more than average peep height or your arrow rest is elevated in the front. It could be a combonation of both. It can even be a tuning issue that allows your bow to have a nock travel issue that throws your arrow upward when you shoot. At full draw, does your limbs flex the same? What is your peep height? What kind of rest are you using?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts