Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
have bow-will travel
3,986 Posts
Very accurate and consistent, not very durable, expensive, and kinda light for spine, I have used them on deer with great success but just seeing how light they where on the scale made me shudder a little, I went back to GT Pros for hunting, I just feel better having a midweight arrow, compared to a lightweight arrow.

·
Registered
27,119 Posts
They are expensive but they are the only shafts I shoot. I get very good and very consistent flight from them.

·
Registered
17,405 Posts
I shoot the original maxima, have 17 left from the original 2 dozen and they are probably ten years old!

I shoot them overspined and add a bunch of insert weight to get proper spine, love this set up!

·
Registered
296 Posts
I shoot the original maxima, have 17 left from the original 2 dozen and they are probably ten years old!

I shoot them overspined and add a bunch of insert weight to get proper spine, love this set up!
How does that work? where can I find a chart or whatever you use to determine the proper amount of weight?

·
Registered
17,405 Posts
I bought gold tip insert weights, you can add them even after inserts are installed with a long allen, I bought 50 and 20 grain both. Tried 20s only first then 50 only and both combined, I shoot with both combined! blue loc tight on them once I figured out what I was going to shoot!

Many calculators online to find spine, gold tip and easton, cx probably even has one. some do not have the option to add 170 grains for point weight though!

My set up is a 28.25 maxima 350 with 3 3 inch feathers 70 grains of weights and 100 grain points, shooting 28 inch dl. 62lbs. total arrow weight is 435

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Very popular for 3-D, due to the lighter weight (7gpi), and very consistent in how they shoot. Our antelope hunters really like them for the longer shots they take. I personally think they are a bit light for most hunting venues, but that's my shooting needs talking. You might need to experiment a bit to find spine/lengths that tune to you and your bow the best.

Best of luck and good shootin'.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
"very good for 3d the spline is very good I shoot 250s for 3d they group well for me"

What is your bow set-up? Weight and draw?

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
There good arrows but i think there like logs, way expensive and not as good as easton

·
The Rut Rascal
1,744 Posts
Logs? get real... arounf 0.300" is not a log.

I shoot the 350's hunting
250's for target

I have no problems with them from 0-100 yds. Great all purpose arrow

Cons for 3d is they are not a large line cutting shaft, but when it hits where you aim it really does not matter.

Tune your bow to them and watch animals die!

Great shafts

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I shoot 250 selects for hunting, they work great for me. A very light arrow but I love the way fly. 348gr light

·
The Fin,Mathews Pro Staff
1,826 Posts
They are expensive but they are the only shafts I shoot. I get very good and very consistent flight from them.
i have tryed most top line arrows available including the carbon injexions and vap micro diam. but for me the maxima series hunters and blue streaks fly the best and most consistant.

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
They are a great arrow and fly really well. I used to shoot gold tip but after trying to blue streaks in 350 I think I am going to stick with them.

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
Light arrows and very expensive. Not durable at all. I have found Gold Tip XT hunter's to fly just as well, but a lot more affordable as well as durable:thumbs_up

1 - 20 of 29 Posts