Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Just wanted to get your opinion on this, today I just got done practicing with my bow I saw a doe and two fawns on the other side of my garage. One thing I noticed is the fawns were really small and where still covered in spots, I would think they should be gone by now after all fall is only a few weeks away and they were no where near ready to leave there mother, I've seen at least 6 fawns in the last month that were still covered in spots. Is this because there so many deer out there or am I wrong in thinking they should be gone by now and getting ready for winter, o yea I'm in northern Minnesota if that makes a differance. Just looking for some opinions

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
Sometimes when a doe hasn't been bred the first time she comes into estrous, she will come into it again the following month or even the third month. Last year's doe fawns will also come into estrous at a later date than their elders. This results in late fawn births. Northern climates will be hard on the late born.:smow:

JP

·
Registered
137 Posts
i dont know how it is up there, but ive seen fawns still with there mothers here in missouri all the way up to december.

·
Registered
357 Posts
seen 22 deer in the last 3 days and 10 had fawns with all still had spots.......

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
I'm seeing them also with spots.Our winters here are defiantly warmer than they used to be.It has to have something to do with it.

·
Registered
14,717 Posts
saw 2 with spots 15 min. ago, they had that in the head lights look on there face...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts