Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife has an eva shockey she got a few months back, she had been shooting it at 33 lbs, yesterday we turned it up 1 turn, which should be about 3 lbs according to the manual. Right after I turned it up I noticed the string stop was loose, so i set that so it was just touching the string and tightened it. As she was shooting she comented on how much louder it was, last time we shot, before the weight change amd the draw stop issue it was extremely quiet, now it has a rubber band sounding twang to it. Would 3 lbs of draw weight make it noticeably louder? I could see a little but this is more than i would expect. Should a string stop just touch the string? Or should there be a bit of tension on it?

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
I would go over the whole bow make sure everything is tight. Also you may want to check tune, increasing the poundage could change the tune. Shooting an arrow through paper from about six feet. Check that the draw stops and draw modules are set correctly and the cams are synced ( hitting the draw stops at the same time when drawing back).

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
115 Posts
Should be a gap about the thickness of a credit card between string and string stop

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
803 Posts
Sounds like a tuning issue. Did you crank BOTH limb bolts equally?

Typed with fat fingers on my iPhone with tiny keyboard.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
I thought maybe you meant the sound of her *****in, Lol. I would make sure that all the screws securing the string stop are snug.
I always liked the stop just touching but I read an account the other day about a bow that had a tuning fork feedback with the stop touching and did NOT have the feedback with the stop about 1/16 out. Sounds strange to me but you never know......

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I could not get the draw stops timed perfect, i could add or subtract a half twist and one would hit about the thickness of a credit card, or the other. I will have to check it again.
To answer the other question, yes, i turned both limbs in 1 turn

·
Hunter of many things
12,113 Posts
Should be a gap about the thickness of a credit card between string and string stop

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk
Agree, need to fix that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16,630 Posts
Small gap on stop, and why was it loose in first place might be something to do with it. Also make sure the string is not hitting the stop and sliding off it (put string in center of stop)

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Small gap on stop, and why was it loose in first place might be something to do with it. Also make sure the string is not hitting the stop and sliding off it (put string in center of stop)
This is the second time it has come loose, maybe because I have had it set touching the string is why it came loose?
That said, when she got the bow the string stop was set so the string was not hitting the center of the groove in the stop, I noticed that while we were paper tuning it, cenering it was the lastchange we ha dto make to ge it to shoot bullet holes in paper, so i am a little concerned with it coming loose.

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
This is the second time it has come loose, maybe because I have had it set touching the string is why it came loose?
That said, when she got the bow the string stop was set so the string was not hitting the center of the groove in the stop, I noticed that while we were paper tuning it, cenering it was the lastchange we ha dto make to ge it to shoot bullet holes in paper, so i am a little concerned with it coming loose.
You may want to put 242 blue loctite on your draw stops to keep them from coming loose.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts