Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this buck in our timber. He was down in the creek bed, Not sure what happend to him. His front leg was broken, he may have fallen as he was lying below a big drop off. I have seen a lot of buck this size and bigger on our property, and I can't wait for my first deer season bow hunting. Unfortunately he had two drop downs, they were still covered in velvet and fairly brittle and I broke the shorter one off when I was removing the skull. :sad: The one on the left side of the rack still attached and around 11 or 12 inches inches. Thick mass at the base of the antlers just around 5 or 6 inches. It's too bad this guy didn't get to finish growing. I was excited to find him.

rack.jpg

·
Registered
4,247 Posts
Always stinks to find them that way....

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, literally and figuratively! It would have been nice to see how much bigger he would have gotten. I'd definitely like to get one with my bow this season!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Yeah it always sucks when you find them dead! I can't find the pic I was looking for of the one a buddy and I found last year, but these first two bucks were found on my aunt's property about 10 miles from me. one scored just over 170" and the other was just over 150". My aunt's family had them mounted liked they are and donated them to a local wildlife park! The 2nd two bucks were found about 3 miles from me on my buddy's property! He has been hunting the bigger one for 3 years now and missed it during early archery season! The big one in the 2nd group had 12" brow tines and scored 175" and the smaller one was roughly 145"! Its always a sad day!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
Awesome buck, too you had to find him that way

·
GUT DEER ????
4,595 Posts
me to

·
Registered
5,652 Posts
Its pretty cool to see pics of it, but it stinks that it has to happen to the deer. What a crappy way to go. If there necks didnt break, then they starved to death. That sucks. I would be happy to shoot any of those bucks, its a shame some hunter did not get to.

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
Harvest? Really? I think you mean Kill. This is not Disney Land.
If you say kill then that's fine, but it doesn't make you any cooler or tougher than someone that says harvest lol

·
Registered
6,375 Posts
My godd!! What a shame atleast u found them b4 the rats did

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
That's a bummer...nice buck.

·
Registered
237 Posts
If you say kill then that's fine, but it doesn't make you any cooler or tougher than someone that says harvest lol
I don't think it has anything to do with "cool". Harvest makes it sound all roses. You Harvest tomatoes.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey guys thanks for the posts, I did find him near water, what exactly is blue tongue? Kboyer21 thanks for the pics man those are some really nice deer. My buddies grandad was out hunting and all of the sudden a big buck was locked up with another big buck. One of them had died from the fight and the other couldnt get unhooked. He was pulling the dead one through the woods and happend to go right infront of his tree stand. He got both buck for the price of one arrow. He leased them to Cabela's I believe it was for three years at $300,000 with option to buy at the end of three years. It's crazy what these big o'l boys will bring in $. I am just excited to get out there and experience the hunt and see some big buck in their natural environment.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts