Archery Talk Forum banner

Something i have to let everyone know.

2363 47
I'm here at 3:50 am having a hard time sleeping and mind racing.So here we go.Has as anyone on here looked into the hydgogen projects all over youtube and the internet where people are installing these hydrogen producing cells and saving between 10-75% in their gas bill.The dumbed down version is that these things run current through stainless steel plates immersed in water and hydrogen bubbles are the result.The hydrogen is then routed through a tube via a bubler (so that the hydrogen doesn't accumulate) and then mixes with the gas creating a much higher flash point of the gasoline thereby burning more of the gas in the combustion chamber resulting in a more thorough burn of the gas.listen i am not trying to sell anything i just think everyone would benefit from on of these gas saving devices.I know this is totally unrelated to archery(and don't even know how far this will get) but if it will get you in the woods next year,where as otherwise you might not be able to afford the gas then it should be let known.I don't want to here from any naysayers because again I am not selling anything,but i have looked into this quite a bit and it all looks viable.If you guys would like to look at it type in HHo in youtube or their are free plans for a hydrogen cell at smacksboosters.Some of you guys have probably already done this to your vehicles and maybe it has been mentioned on here before but i didn't think another mention would hurt(maybe more people can know the info.Just trying to help out my fellow man thanks Gabe
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

· Registered
2,742 Posts
Couple of guys where I work (Caterpillar) built some of them and they work. Stanley Meyers (Ohio) built one and put it on his dunebuggy and ran it strictly on water .....NO GASOLINE......and it worked perfectly. Of course big oil had him murdered......poisoned him. Here is a link to the best commercially manufactured one that I know of. If Had the money right now I would get two of them. http://www.waterfuelcelltech.com/?O...andard&OVADID=14695090021&OVKWID=155838343521

· Registered
3,878 Posts
OK, so I go to the website and there is no phone # or location that they say they are based out of. This would be something that it would be worth to take a roadtrip to buy and have installed then drive home. It seems kind of shady, although I like the idea.

· Registered
5,904 Posts
I'm bookmarking this one. I really would like to know more about this. From the looks of what deadx posted it doesn't look that complicated.

· Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
i have heard nothing but good things

funny how this has been around so long and hardly anyone hearing about it.This doesn't make the gasmakers happy at all.you could drop .50 or more per gallon and get hundreds of more miles per tank of gas.It just shows that the government knows about this and should be running public service ads to let everyone know.Never happen.Big money rules around the world

· Registered
1,082 Posts
Installed one on our Dodge 1 ton....no help at all. The only differences we saw were gas mileage fluctuating. We might gain 2-3 mpg one week and would drop the added mileage PLUS another 2-3 mpg the next week. I was thoroughly disappointed.

· Registered
2,585 Posts
Installed one on our Dodge 1 ton....no help at all. The only differences we saw were gas mileage fluctuating. We might gain 2-3 mpg one week and would drop the added mileage PLUS another 2-3 mpg the next week. I was thoroughly disappointed.

when I research these systems for my truck I found most people not selling them having the same results as you.:wink:

· Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
you might need to fool your computer

when you run hydrogen on the newer vehicles your computer thinks you are running lean therefore your car or truck richens up the mixture giving bad results.They have a device that fools your computer now so it isn't a problem.Don't give up! It will work.sometimes just needing some fine tuning check into (hydrogen generator plans)google it there is a discussion board here.Diesels are supposed to love this stuff.Carburated vehicles don't have this problem with the hydrogen

· Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
gave up too soon

Have you looked around and researched this.Do you really think this many people would have got ripped off and no one's going to hear about it.Check out the feedback for the guys selling these on ebay(quality units) not too many people saying they don't work.Should of had a mechanic put yours in.You can see on youtube they are exploding baloons filled with this stuff.They did a show on mythbusters where they had a tank of hydrogen and they were shooting it directly in the carb and car was running.Thier only mistake was too much accumulated hydrogen and they got a small explosion so they now run it through a bubbler to eliminate that problem.There's no way i could see so much evidence on youtube and various other sites and say this doesn't work

· Registered
1,082 Posts
Not saying that it didnt work....just saying it didnt work for us. :wink:
As far as having a mechanic install instead of installing ourselves...LOL

· 300 or bust
13,148 Posts
ok here's the skinny.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrolysis

your separating 2H20+ENERGY---> 2H2 + 02, it takes POWER in the form of electricity to do this, so say from your car battery or alternator.

you then capture and store the gases till you inject them into the combustion chamber of the engine thereby burning the 2H2+O2+spark---> 2H2O+ENERGY

so can it work, yes, is all hte youtube stuff crap, yes

it takes more energy to separate the the water than youll ever get back in the form of work through your motor, so basically your wasting electrically stored power to separate gases when you could have just used that electrical power to move the car through an electric motor instead.

there are just to many losses in teh system, HEAT is lost energy, so heat lost in the combustion event, heat lost through bearing friction, bearing friction itself is a loss, recapturing the work of the motor with an alternator will have losses as well, heat lost through the wires, heat lost in the alternator, alternator bearings.

there is no free lunch people dont waste your money now on gimicks when your going to need all the money you have just to get by.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.