Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help. I was previously shooting a Mathews solocam Z3 with a Trophy Ridge Peak v5. I liked the idea of individual pin adjustment vs all moving together with the react technology, but I digress. I had plenty of elevation micro adjustment shooting around 270fps @ 27.5"/ 70#.
Due to a bad case of anxiety, the yips, and sheer stupidity I dry fired my bow and ended up trading up for a new Traverse. The bow is amazing and I love it. Problem is now that I have the same sight on my Traverse, I have absolutely zero elevation adjustment anymore. My sight housing is set at the upper allen screw pair, my micro-adjust is maxed out on elevation, I've raised the pins to the last mark where the pin sits just under the upper part of my scope, and I'm still hitting about 1.5 - 2" high at 20. I practice at 40 typically, and I'm dead on elevation at 46 yards or so.
I shoot a thumb button, Fang 3. My index knuckle is anchored on the point of my jaw with my hand mostly flat. I think I put too much face pressure on my string if I anchor with my hand more vertical. I added a nose button much to my chagrin to help get my anchor consistent, rather embarassed about it. Again I digress.
I've only been shooting since March 2018. I previoulsly shot a 500 grain arrow and that setup was my most accurate thus far. I shot fist sized groups @ 60yds using Blackout x3 arrows and a hinge release. Right now I'm at 465 and want to go back to a 500 grain arrow. I'm hoping to get a target setup that comes in lighter after season and am anticipating problems hitting even higher with a speed setup. Anyone have any idea what in the heck could be wrong with my setup or anchor where I'm plumb out of room to adjust elevation vertically?

·
Registered
5,482 Posts
I would check to make sure your arrow is level through the berger hole and peep height may need adjusted

Reactions: micdude

·
Registered
19,796 Posts
Are you sure you've moved the vertical gang adjustment all the way up? Have you flipped the sight mounting bracket? Where the mounting bracket attaches to the elevation block is not centered between the top and bottom row of screws on the sight. That's so you can flip it over and move the whole sight up or down. The holes are also offset up and down a little so you can move it up or down a bit just by moving to the next set of holes.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Low peep lowers the sight high peep raises it. Even a half inch and fluster everything.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Are you sure you've moved the vertical gang adjustment all the way up? Have you flipped the sight mounting bracket? Where the mounting bracket attaches to the elevation block is not centered between the top and bottom row of screws on the sight. That's so you can flip it over and move the whole sight up or down. The holes are also offset up and down a little so you can move it up or down a bit just by moving to the next set of holes.
Yep it’s all the way down. I already asked my shop to move the sight bracket to a lower set of holes since as you’ve said they’re offset. Flipping the bracket would lower the housing and that would leave me higher POI wouldn’t it? I did move my peep down a bit, and it felt/looked better but now I’m back to 2” high at 45.
Attached some pictures for visual reference, couldn’t get them to flip right side up. I’ll have the level checked out at my shop, don’t have the gear to check it at home.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts