Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
11,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so here is the deal. I shot the Sonic 100gr 7/8" bh last year with great results. I felt that the head was a little on the smallish side, but they flew great and were super sharp. Well, this year ABC is sponsering my hunting team over on the Mathews Forum and they sent all of us bh of our choosing.

I chose the Sonic Pros 100gr. that now have 1" coc heads. This review is going to be a two part review. I have read a lot of complaints about the heads being hard to put together and the blades seperating upon impact. I have not experienced either problem up to this point.

The first part of the review is a picture assembly technique that I have used with no problems. The second part of the review will be on blood trail and entry/exit/damage after my season opens October 1 here in Illinois.

Once I take my first deer of the year I will post pictures of the blood trail and damage, if any, to the BH. I then will post data on distance traveled, bones hit, amount of blood, etc. That will all come hopefully in about 10 days!

But for the first part, this is how I assemble my ABC Sonic Pros. Like I said, I have had great success with the heads using this method. The blades come to a fine point at the tip, and I have not lost any blades shooting into my block target.

This is the package.

First, screw on the locking "washer piece" onto the furrel to the point just short of tight.

Then insert the blades while holding the furrel from the threads. Use gravity to help keep the blades in place. Insert all three blades in this fashion. Then while still holding the bh upside down, hand tighten the locking washer up against the blades.

Once tightened, insert into a bh wrench.

Then, I like to use a pair of lockjaw pliars to put the final tightening job on. Tighten it down really tight.

Then you have the finished job. I then put it on my arrows and am good to go.

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
excellent step by step and great pics. thanks

·
Registered
6,062 Posts
thanks for sharing the pics. They will make life easier for Sonic users everywhere.

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Good pics! :)

I just received my free Sonic broadhead in the mail, yesterday. I had no problems assembling it and they actually had a set of extra blades with it too. :thumb:

Cut-on-contact broadheads are my favorite and this Sonic will be riding on my hunting arrow, this fall. :nod: I would like a little wider cutting diameter, but shot placement is everything.

Good hunting, Bowhunter57

1 - 8 of 8 Posts