Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate when people bash the sonic broadhead. It is a great head and its cutting diam. is large enough. they dont break unless your putting it together wrong or shooting it into a baseball bat. I think that its just a new product and its gonna get bashed until people get used to it.

·
Registered
12,838 Posts
Its just like any other product... Either people love it or hate it. And there are alot of people pretty quick to bash you if you use something they dont. I use what works for me.

I am a sonic man, I was more than impressed, and I swapped my muzzys this year. Only ABC in my quiver. Their free head deal came around at just the right time, For the first time ever I was having trouble getting my muzzys to fly worth a darn, so It made me look around, and I sure am glad I did.

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
This year's heads are suppose to be made out of better steel. Both blade and ferrule.
I bought a dozen of the 85gr heads last year and they were crap. This year's are suppose to be much better but I don't want to risk the money.

Good luck with yours.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I just ordered a pack of Liberty's today because of the free broadhead they sent me. I liked the Sonic, but just felt that I would be more comfortable with the bigger cutting diameter of the Liberty.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
I shot my Sonics today and I was real impressed. I am shooting almost exactly like field points out to 40 yards with them. I have not been able to do that in years with a fixed blade. Awesome.... and they group tight too.

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
TributeRocks said:
I hate when people bash the sonic broadhead. It is a great head and its cutting diam. is large enough. they dont break unless your putting it together wrong or shooting it into a baseball bat. I think that its just a new product and its gonna get bashed until people get used to it.
Or shooting a phonebook:wink:

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
I like my free Sonic. Groups with my field tips and is pretty dang sharp right out of the package. I have 10 shots into my Mckenzie and the head looks new and is still sharp.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
After getting my free sonic head I'm guna go buy some and use them for the rest of the season.

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
I've never bashed these b-heads but after actually seeing one I realize that ther are MANY other b-heads on the market that are better, IMO. Sure it's a new product and like any new product they are going to be critisized, no big deal. All this being said though, I certainly don't see these heads as THE ones to switch to, simply to many other outstanding heads on the market, IMO. Good luck to you folks that chose to shoot 'em this season though.

·
Registered
899 Posts
I like the Liberty's.
I don't like the Sonics. Already have broken the tip of one of the blades and I haven't even shot it yet!!! Also, for me 7/8 cutting diameter is too small for me. Lost a doe last season because of a broadhead that had the same diameter.

·
Registered
14,295 Posts
TributeRocks said:
I hate when people bash the sonic broadhead.
You'll get over it. :tongue:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, even you. If something is good, let me know, if something sucks, let me know, thats why its called "archers helping archers."

I don't like to bash anything that was free but the head is too small for deer in my opinion and I thought the blades were a little dull. But at that size, I bet they fly more gooder than most heads.

·
U.P. Hunter
4,539 Posts
Nothing wrong with the Sonics. It has been proven by DOC and others that they penetrate as well or BETTER than some of the most widely used heads on the market and that penetration was even with the tips bent.:eek:

The cutting diameter of the Sonics (7/8") is plenty big enough for deer. Hek, a well placed shot from a field point will drop a deer ( NOT RECOMMENDED BY ANY MEANS).

I have had tips and blades break on some of the most reliable heads out there. No head is perfect !

Shoot what you want or like, everyone likes something different but I would be just as confident in the Sonics as any other head out there.

FF

·
Registered
36,017 Posts
FallFever said:
Nothing wrong with the Sonics. It has been proven by DOC and others that they penetrate as well or BETTER than some of the most widely used heads on the market and that penetration was even with the tips bent.:eek:

The cutting diameter of the Sonics (7/8") is plenty big enough for deer. Hek, a well placed shot from a field point will drop a deer ( NOT RECOMMENDED BY ANY MEANS).

I have had tips and blades break on some of the most reliable heads out there. No head is perfect !

Shoot what you want or like, everyone likes something different but I would be just as confident in the Sonics as any other head out there.

FF
well place shot is the key, but if the shot is not well placed then the last thing I want is a small diameter BH...I shoot the best head that I can find, and over the last 5 years that has changed 3 times...and I have found better IMO then the sonic...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts