Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 15 year old bought a new 2010 Martin Pantera. Got it set up this week. I shot it and was impressed. It draws smooth, holds very steady even before the b-stinger was added, and had very little vibration after the shot, eliminted by adding bowjax to string stop rod. My son shot it today outside and this bow is fast. He was shooting a 2008 Moab and loved it until he got his hands on this bow. Here are his specs:
27 inch draw length
65 lbs.
376 grain arrow
268 fps.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Very nice! Can't say enough good about the 2010 Martin Line up.

·
Anti Fanboy
42,158 Posts
Nice bow with impressive speed for a 27". I like the riser design. Can't go wrong with Martin.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He is very excited and proud of it. It should be a great bow for Martin and they should sell plenty.

·
Registered
24,903 Posts
i cant tell it shoots good just buy looking at it. the riser shap and cams are basically like the alienx with the single cam but without all the other fancy work.

martins just keep getting nicer and nicer

·
JB WELD PRO STAFFER
13,079 Posts
Still happy with this bow?

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Saw one at the shop a couple weeks back. Good looking bow and a great value (as Martin is typically) :thumb:

I'd pick one up for S&G's , but the sight window like so many of Martin's more recent lesser expensive models (bengal, cheetah, etc) is WAYYYY too short :(

·
JB WELD PRO STAFFER
13,079 Posts
definatly A bow On my list to possibly purchase. Looking for a speedy hunter and its looking like this one or a FireCat or a Bowmadness. I Love PSE but I just am not a big fan of the heavily loaded limbs so Martin is kinda leading the pack for right now.

·
Registered
300 Posts
definatly A bow On my list to possibly purchase. Looking for a speedy hunter and its looking like this one or a FireCat or a Bowmadness. I Love PSE but I just am not a big fan of the heavily loaded limbs so Martin is kinda leading the pack for right now.
but the thing about the pantera is it has the same IBO as the firecat TR1 but the firecat doesnt come with camo accesories (cam, idler, STS, rollerguard) unless asked for, then you have to pay extra for it, while the pantera comes with all of that standard. they are basically the same bow except for the design, unless your looking at the firecat TR2 then yea, its faster but thats basically the only difference besides cosmetics. by the way, im bulldog18's son. and i love my pantera. best bow ive ever had.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts