Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have gotten my son a Parker Junior-Mag bow. I have been away from archery for a long time due to being in the Army and commitments. He has gotten bit bythe bow-bug and is very excited about getting started with a real bow like dad's. He had shot a recurve up til now. Could someone please help us in picking a good site and arrow rest for his bow. Also any other setup advice would be very much appreciated such as quiver, sling, limbsaver, stabilizer, etc. He is 8 years old but pretty strong for his age due to sports and taekwondo training. His mom has us on a pretty tight budget but I think we can get adequate accessories. Thanks for your help, KL

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Sounds good. I've been shooting 3D with my granddaughter for a couple years and this year I got her a "real" bow, too (she was 10 in late August). She won two trophys and three medals so she should stick with it. I found the best rest for her was a whisker biscuit. It held the arrow and she didn't have to think about it. Her sight is an old metal one (no fiber optic pins). I didn't put anything else on the bow to keep it light and it works well. She uses a quiver on a belt and some cheap arrows from Walmart.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Son's new Bow

Thanks for your help on the rest. I read another post here which also voiced support for that choice. I believe this is what we will use for the rest. Anyone else on the site? Does anyone use the Cobra mini-venom? Thanks again, KL

·
washed up wannabe
12,236 Posts
Both my kids are using a whisker bisquit. They work extremely well for the kid's bows.

For sights they are just using a basic pin sight with one pin for now. They are still learning to judge distance and the single pin makes life much easier for them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts