Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and have you ever experienced soreness in your HIPS??? As I get set for a shot off the back porch, I notice [after LOTS of shooting for months] that my hips are sore right at the 'hold form' position.....?
Anyone ever get really sore after a lot of shooting? I KNOW I am using some muscles normally 'not' used, but it's a bit unusual.
When I took bowling lessons as a kid [ 10 years old???],,I went every day for 2 weeks I think it was. After a week or so,,,one of my legs was SO SORE I could NOT walk without bracing my hands against the hallway walls. Doc says it happens when you USE muscles that normally are dormant or little used.
Or,,,I'm just getting old and out of shape!
Alan in GA.:confused:

·
Registered
811 Posts
It means your shooting enough. or Or,,,I'm just getting old and out of shape!
Alan in GA.

I hear ya I'm there too. I hope I am still sore from shooting when I'm 80.:darkbeer:

·
Registered
574 Posts
Me too

I just switched to shooting lefty and my right hip is a little messed up along with my back. Must be caused by not shooting for years followed by shooting 60+ arrows a day for 3 weeks. I have started going to the chiropractor to get fixed up.

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
I have been shooting alot getting ready to deer hunt and I am sore in the back, neck, both shoulders, both hands, both arms, actually the only thing that don't hurt is my hips.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
....haaaaaa~!

:laugh:
I was hoping I wasn't alone in this!!!
Just did shoot a few off the back porch. I noticed it REALLY makes a difference in my [already sore] HIPS as to 'how' I maneuver when drawing - shows where I'm SORE. If I alter my draw [in the body], it can make a big difference in how my hips 'feel' the movements.
I frequently CRAWL under decks and in crawlspaces doing inspections. I thought I had flexed my hips lifting my legs or something,,straining the hip muscle. I have been shooting a LOT over the last few weeks and months,,and the hip thing creeped in over the last month and a half, about the few weeks just ahead of our opener which was September 9th.
Gettin old, too!

·
Bowhemian
8,295 Posts
Are you sure this pain is in your hips, which is a muscular area, or do you think it might be pain radiating from the lumbar spine, which is very common in men over fifty?

·
Registered
971 Posts
Alan in GA said:
and have you ever experienced soreness in your HIPS??? As I get set for a shot off the back porch, I notice [after LOTS of shooting for months] that my hips are sore right at the 'hold form' position.....?
Anyone ever get really sore after a lot of shooting? I KNOW I am using some muscles normally 'not' used, but it's a bit unusual.
When I took bowling lessons as a kid [ 10 years old???],,I went every day for 2 weeks I think it was. After a week or so,,,one of my legs was SO SORE I could NOT walk without bracing my hands against the hallway walls. Doc says it happens when you USE muscles that normally are dormant or little used.
Or,,,I'm just getting old and out of shape!
Alan in GA.:confused:
If the pain is muscular it should go after you build up, unless you are drawing incorrectly and ending up with poor biomechanical alignment.
Find a coach with a good working knowledge of modern draw cycle techniques before you do any damage.
Cheers:)
Peter

1 - 7 of 7 Posts