Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you guys ever try these style boots for stand hunting?
wool/felt liner seems like it would work better than the neoprene/rubber style boots.Ive tried the knee high rubbers and they don't work for me.
I usually wear my cabelas outfitter boots 400 gram insulated with a wool sock,and slip arctic shield boot blankets on over them.....feet still got cold @ 20degrees,and no my feet weren't sweaty.I really don't want to mess with hot hands packs if I don't have to.
Im just trying to dial in my late season gear so if you guys have a pair of boots you can suggest,I appreciate it.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
I've been using these since they came out in 06. The warmest boot I've found that a guy can still walk in. Some guys around here swear by the Alaskan boots but these have the same liners plus 1200g of thinsulate. If my feet ever get cold I throw a pair of toe warmers in and I'm good. I got em since I had frost bite on my toes when I was little I can no longer keep my feet warm got very long.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabe...gclid=CPy14JO7sLsCFepQOgodkTcAow&gclsrc=aw.ds

Looks like get went up in price. I think I got mine for $130. I also use my UA 800g neoprene boots until about 40 degrees. I love those since they are lighter and much easier to wear but when it's cold a guy can't have cold feet, that's a deal breaker every time.

·
Registered
821 Posts
All I've used in the Northeast and Canada are Sorels for cold days on stand.I walk fine in them except for steep mountains.JMO

·
Yooper / Marauder
736 Posts
Any of you guys ever try these style boots for stand hunting?
wool/felt liner seems like it would work better than the neoprene/rubber style boots.....
Pac boots with felt liners are widely used up here for hunting, snowshoeing and ice fishing. They're bulky but warm.

Always have some sort of insulated pad between your feet and the treestand platform, and be sure to remove and dry out your boot liners after each hunt.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I've got 2 pair of old(when they were still made in Canada) Sorel Dominator boots. Those are all I use when the weather gets cold. Alternate them so one pair can dry out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts