Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
4,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you shoot at your animal do you stand or sit????

·
Registered
24 Posts
^^^ Agreed that it depends on the situation ^^^

But I typically try to shoot from a standing position if I see the deer is coming in and can get up before they are in range.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
I stand. If you move slowly and at the right time you can stand up and the deer won't notice.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Agreed...
^^^ Agreed that it depends on the situation ^^^

But I typically try to shoot from a standing position if I see the deer is coming in and can get up before they are in range.

·
Registered
4,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I stand. If you move slowly and at the right time you can stand up and the deer won't notice.
Thats what I was worried about moving and the deer noticing. I do prefer to stand, but for Turkey I am in a blind so standing really isnt an option.What about kneeling?

·
Registered
949 Posts
Id rather shoot kneeling than standing. More stable for ME. If your referinng to a treestand I wouldnt shoot at all. I feel the horrible form introduced cocking around in a tree is responsible for too many wounded deer. I cant hit a brahma bull at 10 ft from a tree.

·
Registered
411 Posts
As I practice standing, I try to stand up when throwin sticks at the critters, that way I am more consistent.

·
Registered
971 Posts
I prefer standing. But if i can't i practice some from sitting

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I hunt sitting in a blind so I practice sitting. Shooting 5 spot while sitting, I get in the same range as my normal from standing... around 285-295 with 30-35 x's.

·
Registered
5,523 Posts
I shoot probably 90% while sitting. I only stand if I have to shoot to the right side of my stand.

·
Hard Horned
2,588 Posts
Id rather shoot kneeling than standing. More stable for ME. If your referinng to a treestand I wouldnt shoot at all. I feel the horrible form introduced cocking around in a tree is responsible for too many wounded deer. I cant hit a brahma bull at 10 ft from a tree.

:blah:

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
I practice standing and seated. Shot my buck from a seated position last season. It's not so bad.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Such a great shot at 100 yards but can't hit the target 10 feet from a tree.. You da man brahh!!!
At least I'm honest huh? There is a monster difference between standing level and hunched over and twisted around like a pretzel. At least I'll admit it when a shot is not good. And for me any shot where I'm not in form is a bad one. I dont miss on the level and do if I'm twisted up. And yeah I'd take a 80 yd flat ground shot over your close in tree shot any day. I dont miss flat and did all the time in a tree which to me explains why no tree guy can believe you can consistently make 60+ shots EASILY. This is why I dont hunt from a tree anymore, too conducive to a bad shot. This is why most tree guys limit shots to much closer than flatlanders. And kudos to you for being able to make those out of form shots. I'm not good enough to try it.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts