Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will be my first season bowhunting so I am trying to keep my budget down until I know what I want. With regards to broadheads a friend of mine swears by Wasp Jackhammers. I found NAP Shockwaves on sale for $12/pack and bought 2 packs b/c they were similar to the Jackhammers in design but half the price. My buddy also swears against Rage as he says they are the only b/h he's seen that don't open properly. I know I've read the both sides of the Rage opinions on here. A local pro shop was pushing Rage and the video that came with my new bow is pushing Rage. Just wondering why I'm hearing such extreme differences in opinions. Also, has anyone used the Shockwaves? How are they?

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Shockwaves aren't bad heads at all. Good price on those too..

·
Registered
6,482 Posts
Jackhammers are my all time favorite. The shockwaves are a pretty decent head they do have a rather small cutting diameter for an expandable but they will do the job. As far as the Rage goes you either love them or hate them, most guys who hate on them have never used them. They are decent you just need to know the little quirks with them that's all. For the money you could not have done any better then you did. No worries, your good to go, just hunt.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts