Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New rest,different style arrows,and different release..............
A person always has to experiment to see if they might improve upon their form and equipment.
Problem is that a drop in scores are emminent for a short time.
Very tempted to go back to the other,tested and proven stuff.
I think I made a mistake in doing all three at once.
Another lesson learned.The heck of it is ,is that I know these
changes should help my game in the long run,but meanwhile......
I have a state shoot next week.
Any suggestions?
Jerry

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
A little after the fact

This may be too little too late but my coach never lets me mess with my primary bow. I have a main bow and a back up bow. I can mess with my back up bow til it shoots better than my primary bow then I switch them. Now I can mess with my old 'main' bow. The idea is that this way you can have faith of your equipment and you aren't second guessing yourself.

If you have only one bow then you don't touch it within one month of a competition. No changing arrows or form changes. We use this rule even with our very new beginners.

·
74,535 Posts
Been There

So many times. Just look at it like helping the economy.

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Of coarse you guys are right,and I knew better than to play around with short time before a tourney.Thanks for the reinforcement.
I'll be ready,but I don't expect the finish that i was working so hard for before I went over the line...................but,who knows?
A week is enough time to get somewhat better prepaired.
Thanks again guys.
Jerry

·
Registered
275 Posts
Just think

How good you might be shooting now if you were stilling shooting the same setup that you shot 5 yrs ago. Probably would shoot better and would have ALOT MORE MONEY, but not nearly as fun.

Randy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts