• YES

Votes: 123 43.5%
  • NO

Votes: 161 56.9%
1 - 20 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
I remember when I was fifty wanting the NFAA to join the rest and make the senior div 50.All the guys 55 and older said no way,they can wait just like I did to get to 55 and the senior div.Well I told myself when I finally made 55 I wasnt going to be like that and say that it should be changed to 50.Well heres the question and my poll answer was for the change to 50.I kept my word.Now get in the back of the line and wait your turn,LOL Just kidding I think 50 is reasonable.Don Ward

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I'm 51. I voted yes. The physical strength and stamina is much more equal between the 50-60 age group than it is in the 20 to 50 age group.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think not only would it make the senior ages consistant in the IBO, ASA and NFAA. It would also grow the senior class participation in the
Amatuer and Pro class.

What would the negatives be? Any Thoughts.

·
Registered
219 Posts
50!

I voted yes. Just think how many people would get back to active shooting, when the eyes change it makes all the difference in your ability to shoot and guys drop out fast. To be able to compete would make the senior class huge in numbers. The NFAA, despite repeated attempts to get this through, is really losing out in revenue and numbers. We have a target triple crown for indoor in southern Wisc. and the 50 and up seniors is almost the biggest class, it's great.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Posted by Goldwing "50 is much to young for the senior division."

Just because you are 50 or older doesn't mean you have to shoot in the senior class, you can always shoot the regular adult class.

Please, lets here some legitiment reasons not to.

Not just because, "I had to Wait, you should to"

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
lets throw this into the equation.....

how many will actually go shoot 'the other' venue if it does get changed?

you can howl all you want about getting something changed, but if you arent going to play the game, why push for a change?

if you're really serious about changing it and WILL play the game, join the NFAA. not PM&G about it needing changed and not become part of the NFAA.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
everybody wants the nfaa to change, but nobody wants to play.....whats the point in changing something for a crowd that isnt there?

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Chill out Monkey, this is a poll and informational post. I would like to possibly use this information, if I choose to present an idea to my state NFAA Rep. I believe that is how the NFAA expects its members to participate. Thats what the councilmen always claim, "go through you state Reps".

I started this poll to find out what people think of a possible age classification change. I did not start it to downgrade, degrade ,or complain about the NFAA or the current classification system

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
my side of the coin is that people use it as an excuse to not play the nfaa game.

i AM the devil's advocate

·
Smilin' Bob
25,077 Posts
I'd like to see it change to 50, partly to come in line with the other organizations. I can hear Field14 already saying that the other orgs aren't as old as the NFAA...but they generally get more participation, so there might be a lesson there.

The other reason is the competitive aspect. With the exception of very few archers like Barnrat the older guys just can't hang with someone in their "prime". Physical fitness declines, eyesight declines, and I've seen alot of people drift away from being competitive in their late 40s and early 50s.

How many 40-somethings have won the National Field Championship? How many 50-somethings? I don't recall any going back to the all-recurve era.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Even if a change did not bring one more person to the NFAA, I believe it still makes sense to make a change. I think taking a few people from an already huge adult class and allowing them to shoot in the senior class would make for a more competitive and exciting senior class.

My main focus is in the Open Freestyle class, because That is what I shoot. But, The class to benifit the most could quite possibly be the Bowhunter Freestyle class.

1 - 20 of 158 Posts