Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
DefiantShooter
10,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Leave Wednesday for a South Dakota 'lope' hunt out of Rapid City...Hear the 'rut' has kicked in pretty good, but weather is iffy...Good to go either way! :cocktail:

·
Registered
567 Posts
who did you hear about the rut being active? I talked with two guys I know out there and they both say it will be real late this month if not early oct before it gets good.one had hunted hard for 4 days with a decoy and stalking and said he never got within 300yrds of any and that all the bucks were still in big groups.I was planning on being there this week myself but after the reports I heard I thought it best to hold off untill the last few days before the gun season opens ( 30th)

just curious if I got some bad scouting reports

Jared

·
DefiantShooter
10,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Brad Miller -

Just getting back from his hunt, said they were hitting the decoy's hard, missed 4 shots! :eek: Also heard from others, it was picking up!!! That and the weather should be calming down a bit....Good luck! :cocktail:

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
The weather was terrible over last weekend. Blowing like crazy. It's supposed to be nicer later this week. Good luck!

·
Registered
615 Posts
South Dakota boy here. Weather is unseasonably cool here last few days. it has snowed in hills over weekend. Next couple night supposed to be in mid 30's. & stay alittle cool rest of week. Bring some warm weather clothing if not used to it will be in 40's most mornings & around 60's to low 70's by midday.

·
DefiantShooter
10,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks -

Appreciate that AHSD! I've pretty much packed for everything! :wink:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts