Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in South Carolina and was wondering where the closest place I could go to hunt black bears would be? Also, what are the regulations/seasons/needed tags/liscences.

I really appreciatte the help.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
we have a season in sc in the upstate in october!!! i can recommend a spot in maine is the closet other one i know of, other than alberta where i went 2 years ago. heck of a spot good food alot of bears week i was there 9 hunters 7 bears killed but all 9 hunters shot!!! 5 for 5 for bowhunters that week, bears in my avatar

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you ever seen or killed one upstate? I used to live in greenville...

·
Registered
329 Posts
There are huge black bears in eastern NC. Mostly hunted with dogs or set up over fields in the early morning. There was one killed several years back that was 880 lbs. Do not know if it would be possible with a bow but it is close.

·
Registered
10,964 Posts
There are huge black bears in eastern NC. Mostly hunted with dogs or set up over fields in the early morning. There was one killed several years back that was 880 lbs. Do not know if it would be possible with a bow but it is close.
thats where I'd go:wink:

·
Registered
200 Posts
their are a lot of places in eastern nc that offer still hunts.eastern north carolina is considered to be one of the best places in the u.s. to bear hunt.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts