Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Im not sure about southern IL but northen IL is starting to look like North Africa

·
Registered
17,864 Posts
I think they've got more rain than central but they are also in a high heat drought.
I also don't know if they got a late freeze but here we were hit so hard my nut trees had nothing on them. I'm betting the acorns will be hurt in my area.

Weather.com might have a rain map somewhere.

·
Registered
17 Posts
No rain here

I live right by Rend Lake in So. IL and the subimpoundments on the north end of the lake are as low as I have ever seen them. We got a few decent rains in the last month but prior to that it was dry. Jason

·
Registered
749 Posts
Just west of Rend Lake, on the SE edge of Sesser, close to 5 inches in the last 3 weeks, plus another 1 1/2" last night. I don't have time to shoot for mowing the grass.

TC

·
Registered
250 Posts
We've gotten more rain in the last 2 1/2 weeks than we've had since the middle of May, not that it's a lot. I just mowed for the first time monday since the last week of May.
As far as the acorn crop, what there is of it, they are very small and immature in size from the oaks here at the house as well as the hickories.
The county has a lake just east of us and I was talking to a guy that works there and he figures it's dropped a minimum of 6 feet this year, it hasn't been this low since it was filling up in the early 80's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts