Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there going to the R100 in Sparta WI this year? My wife and I will be going, making it the first time either one of us has shoot a R100. Any thing to be aware of before we go?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Hey There,

We shot Sparta last year and it was a blast. We will be there again this year with my buddy and his family and a couple friends also.

Be prepared to be out there 4-6 hours each day as it is usually pretty slow, that is unless you get there right when they open the doors. Make sure to have plenty of water and some snacks and bug spray, although I don't recall the bugs being horribly bad there last year. The wife and I will be toting stools at the Sparta shoot this year, to carry water and other essentials instead of the monster fanny pack I used at the Duluth shoot a couple weeks ago.

Pre-register.....You will save a little money that way.

Make sure you have enough arrows with you. There will probably only be a few shots where you will have to be worried about losing an arrow, but there is also the steel challenge and iron buck that are side events that may cost you an arrow or two if you participate.

If you have kids that shoot, bring them. These shoots are typically set up a little on the easy side and have stake for youth shooters. It's a great time for all ages.

Glen

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You mention that it is pretty slow. Is this due to waiting for other shooters ahead of you?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Sorry....Haven't been in this forum in a few days and didn't see the reply....yes, they attract hundreds of shooters each day so it can get slow. It's still a blast, just be prepared to wait at a lot of the targets. If you get there early it won't be as bad.

Glen

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, my wife and I just got back from the Sparta R-100 shoot last night. We spent the whole weekend in Sparta and shot both days of the shoot.

This was the first R100 I ever shot and the first time I have ever shot at Spart Rod and Gun Club, and I have to say that I was very impressed. The shoot was very well organized and loads of fun. The members of the club that helped with the shoot were great and donated alot of their time. The clubs range and facilities were first rate and well laid out. For the most part the shoot moved quickly with little or no jamming up of shooters waiting for their turn at a station.

My hat is off to Rinehart and Sparta Rod and Gun Club for putting on such a great time. I know Rinehart likes to move the shoot around to different clubs, but Sparta did such a good job that I would like to see them keep it. It's worth the 3 hour drive.

If any members of Spart Rod and Gun read this, I want to say thanks again for all your hard work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts