Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Huge worring decisions, need urgent HELP!!!!!

I have offered my lovely better half, an upgrade. She cant decide btween an AR 35 short draw or Mojo short draw. I shoot the Mojo, but don't wont to swing her either way. what do you A.T girls says. please help her chose so we can all sleep again. :confused:

Spatan:cocktail:

·
Registered
5,663 Posts
What is she shooting now and what doesn't she like about it? Does she like tthe feel of your bow? Are you comfortable doing all the work on the Mojo?

Seems to me it might be a simple case with "go with what you know".

I'm also assuming that you may not have easy access to a lot of different brands, especially short draw bows in South Africa. If you do, then the old, let her try them all answer applies.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your contribution TCR1.

I thought the Mojo made X hunting easy - not work.:wink:

I officailly welcome both Lindy and Shana to the "P.M.B MOJO GANG"

Stay stronge, shoot straight.

·
Registered
497 Posts
TCR1 said:
I'm also assuming that you may not have easy access to a lot of different brands, especially short draw bows in South Africa. If you do, then the old, let her try them all answer applies.
the situation re different bows/brands/archery products.....etc here in SA is not all that bad albeit sometimes the waiting period is a bit longer. I mean all the big brands have official importers/dealers here even the "new/trendy" companies like Elite and Ross......etc. i guess what Spatan didn't mention is that he owns a PSE only shop..........

·
Registered
8,685 Posts
i guess what Spatan didn't mention is that he owns a PSE only shop..........
Well since he already knows what she's going to get why is he asking??

when you all get serious you'll get a hoyt.:wink: :wink: :wink: :mg:

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
urabus said:
the situation re different bows/brands/archery products.....etc here in SA is not all that bad albeit sometimes the waiting period is a bit longer. I mean all the big brands have official importers/dealers here even the "new/trendy" companies like Elite and Ross......etc. i guess what Spatan didn't mention is that he owns a PSE only shop..........
Just to set the record straight....... our main prefered supplier is P.S.E as they have a fantastic range of bows and our turn around time IS two weeks and their servise is impressive to say the least. We have no problem dealing in Martin bows and accesseries how ever we do not have a direct linck to them their service has also been rock solid and those that have bought Martin bows through us have been very happy. We also sell Samick, Bear products,The Bushnell\Tasco\bolle' range, Bohning products, Internature bows, Norseman traditional bows and accesseries, Ragime bows to name just a couple of our favoured lines.

We are are not how ever PROFIT driven, but rather a service driven PRO BOW SHOP of the entire area i.e we only deal in top ARCHERY equipment. Not a gun shop trying to offer everything.
As the gun laws here tighten, we have all these gun plases trying to offer a similar service not fully comprehending what it takes. Urabus forgets to explain that he has stronge links to one of these such places (I think they also deal in pool products etc)

Yes and PLEASE Urabus Refrain from getting involved on my threads unless you are going to be helpfull .I find it extremly difficult not to be insulted when you insinuate that I am hidding somethig from A.Ter's

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bees said:
Well since he already knows what she's going to get why is he asking??

when you all get serious you'll get a hoyt.:wink: :wink: :wink: :mg:

Its simple Bees..... She was interested in your input... I am a 'part' owner in agueably the most well stocked accessable 9-5 Pro bow shop in our entire provence. She has and does enjoy making her own choises. I started Her on a Spyder to get her going, she was made an offer she couldent refuse on her this bow and wanted something more up market, I suggested to put it to every one especially other ladies so she would have some unbias thoughts to consider before she committed her self.

Then She Gets people like Urabus going on about stuff that is not even relavent to her delema. She was looking constructive comment preferably from her own gender. As is clearly stated "I did not wont to swinge her either way" if the Martin Bengal had popped up many times then I would have ordered one for her to try. if for some reason she did'nt like it I would have sold it through the shop end of story.

Thanks to all those that stuck to the point and offered help. Thats what I thought A.T was all about.

Stay stronge, shoot straight.

·
Registered
497 Posts
spatan said:
Thanks to all those that stuck to the point and offered help. Thats what I thought A.T was all about.

you mean the one person.......that assumed the reason/one of reasons that you picked those 2 bows on the short list..........is because we don't get much options here in SA???????

funny i've bumped into guys at the other "proshop" (not the gunshop, another one where iirc u also had an episode with???) taking the bows/arrows bought from you to them for tuning...........

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
urabus said:
are you serious????
Whats happening here mate? Are we going to bare our teeth at each other here?

As I said when 'we' hi-jacked Drej's thread, lets leave "Black hawk Archery" out of the conversation and well get on fine, however you seem adamant to drag our Buisniss into the lime light in a less than complementry way. As they say " any advertizing is good advertizing" for Us We already have people that travel hundreds of miles to get helped by us and leave satisfied.

I still regret not getting off on the right foot with you. I was truly chuffed to be on cordual terms with you. You still seem to have an axe to grinde with me which I am obviosly not understanding the reasons behind this. The owners of The Black Hawk Archery Shop in hilton, RSA are 100% committed to archery no matter what form it takes and you as a valued A.Ter member should be helping build relationships between us all, not causing division which seems to be happening.

Is my take on the situation all wrong? Tell me I'm wrong and I re-think my position.

Take care, Urabus

Kind regards,

·
Registered
497 Posts
coming to the KZN Hunters Shoot this Sunday?
hope to see you there, bring the March X........

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
urabus said:
you mean the one person.......that assumed the reason/one of reasons that you picked those 2 bows on the short list..........is because we don't get much options here in SA???????

funny i've bumped into guys at the other "proshop" (not the gunshop, another one where iirc u also had an episode with???) taking the bows/arrows bought from you to them for tuning...........
I suppose its just coincidence that you happed to be there, espescailly that this place which by the way I personally have no problem with only opens after buisness hours or by appointment only????
Some-one that oganizes events on pre arranged SANIFAA dates obviously is not well informed or just not interested in promoting ALL the different forms that archery takes, and their motives need to be questioned. perhaps he only wants to grow the sport around him, Who knows????

There is anther "probowshop" catering more for the hunter archer that operates out of Howick on the same basis. We have a very productive buisness relationship( ooh theres that word again).

only my opinion, KZN Has a relitavely small and fradgile archery community so lets nurcher it together.

Stay stronge, shoot straight.( I look forward to seeing you on the circuit Urabus)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts