Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The thread about TICKS earlier got me to thinking about this. Apparently my father in law was bit by the Lonestar Tick last fall. The start of this story goes back to when he started realizing that after he had ate beef, deer, pork etc....he would break out in horrible hives. So he quit eating that stuff for a month and no more hives. After the month went by he tried deer and beef again then the hives came back. So now he eats chicken, turkey, and fish. Now he hasn't been to the doctor but got to reading on the net about being allergic to certain types of meat. Well he read that there is the Lonestar Tick and if it bites you it injects a toxin that makes your body reject meat from animals that bear there young live, I assume because the tick had bit the animal. So he is certain this is what happened to him because he had lots of ticks on him last fall while hanging stands. Has anyone else heard of this?

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
I wonder how common this is? I dug a lone star tick out of my back last week that had been there at least a day. His head broke off too which I know is typically bad. Ended up getting it all out. Nasty *******s.

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Geez! Makes me not want to even go Turkey hunting this spring.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts