Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i ask in the commander thread but figure i get a faster response here. need the spec on 07 commander. put new cables and string on and now i think it's too short on the ata. can't find the paper on the spec i written down now either agrrrrrrr!!!!!!

Bill

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks a lot. i got half of them right at least. k now do i untwisted the cables? to get my ata back? oh this is the first time i am attempting to do my own work.

Bill

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Check the draw weight, with limbs maxed out. IF the poundage is too high, yes untwist the cables, a couple turns, and poundage will go down, ATA will go up. That being said, if your ATA, is within 1/4" and poundage (drawweight) is good...Don't sweat it!
If I remember correctly, my 07 tuned out about 3/16" short ATA.

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you for the help. right now it's an 1 inch too short on the ata. i'm getting there.

Bill

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Ouch! An inch is a bunch! I would pull the string & cables, and measure them.
Put a screwdriver, or any 1/4" rod, through each end loop. Put 1 of the screwdrivers, into a hole in a bench, vise, whatever, and pull string tight, with the other.
String should measure 60 3/16, and cable, should be 41 5/8".

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol that's what i'm doing now. thanks again. i hope they are right or i have to get back to the string maker.

Bill

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok they are pretty close 1/16 on the string off. i can twist that much out. cable are right on.

Bill

1 - 8 of 8 Posts